Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
I had a tag a couple of years ago but haven't used it for that length of time. I got a new one, registered my visa with it (this card was not registered with the old one). I had to set everything up as new but all I've gotten so far is 40 miles for a "profile update" and it's been a few weeks.

Did you make a transaction?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:27 pm

Do you guys know if I can I link my CIBC Aerogold and also my Esso extra card to the speedpass? Will I have 1.5:1 gaz and also 1:1 for the esso extra points?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Akby
Do you guys know if I can I link my CIBC Aerogold and also my Esso extra card to the speedpass? Will I have 1.5:1 gaz and also 1:1 for the esso extra points?
You can but I believe for this promo you must choose aeroplan as earning method or you will not receive the bonus
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Did you make a transaction?
Yes, several.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Symmetre
I got 1,300 miles identified as "CIBC Visa Speedpass Offer," and another 200 miles identified as "Esso Speedpass Bonus Miles," about a week after registering and using the device.

I've come to like it - it's faster and no fuss pulling out cards and such.
Originally Posted by shore9
I got the 200 points. CIBC claims that I will get the 1,500 after my statement date.

I only have the Aerogold Infinite card because there was no annual fee and they were giving 15K points. If I don't get the full amount I will cancel the card as I don't typically use it and already have a an Avion and Amex Gold rewards card.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
thought i would let people here know.... i just received the extra 1300 ^ easy 1500 miles!
Who does one need to call - Esso, or CIBC. I signed up, got my pass used it many times. Got the 200 points from Esso - nothing more. I have even been through a statement date from CIBC so now I am worried about the remaining 1200 points
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by concol
Who does one need to call - Esso, or CIBC. I signed up, got my pass used it many times. Got the 200 points from Esso - nothing more. I have even been through a statement date from CIBC so now I am worried about the remaining 1200 points
Its a CIBC promotion and it has nothing to do with Esso's 200 points. you should get the entire 1500 from CIBC and do not be directed to call Esso or Aeroplan. Do not give up.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:44 am

Its a CIBC promotion and it has nothing to do with Esso's 200 points. you should get the entire 1500 from CIBC and do not be directed to call Esso or Aeroplan. Do not give up.
October 15 - called CIBC - the lady had no clue what I was talking about. Said that if it is an Esso Speed Pass promotion I should get the points from ESSO. In the end she put in a case (ticket) to CIBC Promotions department for review. I was told I would get an answer in 5 business days.

October 23 - called CIBC - was told that the Promotions department was working on tickets issued October 15 - and I should get an answer in 3 to 5 days.

October 29 - called CIBC – Was also told that the promotions department was working on cases from October 10th and there is no estimate as to when my case will be reviewed.

Still waiting. …..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:49 am

October 15 - called CIBC - the lady had no clue what I was talking about. Said that if it is an Esso Speed Pass promotion I should get the points from ESSO. In the end she put in a case (ticket) to CIBC Promotions department for review. I was told I would get an answer in 5 business days.

October 23 - called CIBC - was told that the Promotions department was working on tickets issued October 15 - and I should get an answer in 3 to 5 days.

October 29 - called CIBC – Was also told that the promotions department was working on cases from October 10th and there is no estimate as to when my case will be reviewed.

Still waiting. …..
It feels like really using their products for everything, does it not? ...lol...

Never underestimate the power of service.... reps are well trained to recite the canned responses after you manage to get through the well programed answering machine. This is year 2012: gadgets sell well, people are served poorly.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond

Still waiting. …..
There's a pattern emerging. If you call a few days later, they'll be working on tickets from Oct. 5, and no estimates.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
If it's a CIBC promo, why does the Esso branding appear beside the 1,300 points on the AE transaction screen shot I posted (post 21)? Why would it not have CIBC branding, as other CIBC promotions do?

Should this not be better taken up with Aeroplan, since at the end of the day, it's their promo?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:37 pm

Still waiting. …..
Originally Posted by Symmetre
If it's a CIBC promo, why does the Esso branding appear beside the 1,300 points on the AE transaction screen shot I posted (post 21)? Why would it not have CIBC branding, as other CIBC promotions do?

Should this not be better taken up with Aeroplan, since at the end of the day, it's their promo?
Called Aeroplan - not to long of a wait under 2 minutes. Was told that it was an Esso issue and I should call them.

Called Esso and they said -- the 200 points were awarded but they are not sure why the remaining points were not. A third party manages Esso’s loyalty program and an email-ticket will be sent to them asking for more information. I will have to call back next week.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:27 pm

Called Aeroplan - not to long of a wait under 2 minutes. Was told that it was an Esso issue and I should call them.

Called Esso and they said -- the 200 points were awarded but they are not sure why the remaining points were not. A third party manages Esso’s loyalty program and an email-ticket will be sent to them asking for more information. I will have to call back next week.
At the end of the day its our issue as all parties that get benefits from this promotion do not want to ownup to it. I called everybody several times and was told to wait until Oct 31 and CIBC will post the points (end of promotion). Rep said its in my file. lol ...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Was told by CIBC that points will be awarded some time in Nov. Let's wait and see.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Me too

Got 200. Called AP then Esso ,twice month apart. Still waiting 1300?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I was told the same as the people above. As I explained to the agent at CIBC, I don't care who's responsibility it is, it was CIBC who offered the promotion and I expect CIBC to rectify it. I've spent well over an hour on the phone chasing the points, pretty poor service IMO. Needless to say that I haven't used my Aerogold card for close to 2 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.