Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status miles with Lacsa?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Status miles with Lacsa?

I'm looking at an itinerary that includes a Lacsa 620 flight from San Salvador to YYZ. I understand Lacsa is a subsidiary of Taca, which is a new member of *A. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm whether Lacsa flights will earn full status miles for Aeroplan? The flight I have is in H class which is showing up as 100% in the Avianca-Taca partner page on aeroplan. Wondering if the same applies to Lacsa operated flights?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:33 pm
No longer with Air Canada

Indeed, you will be eligible to earn Aeroplan Miles and Status Miles on flights operated by LACSA if you purchase an eligible fare as outlined on aeroplan.com.

We'll see if we can have this page updated to be more explicit about the family of carriers that operates under the Avianca-TACA banner. The Avianca-TACA family of carriers includes Avianca, TACA, LACSA, Aviateca, TACA Peru and TACA Regional.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks very much for the quick and informative response!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Not to revive a dead topic, but I'm getting some pushback on this...

Flew AV369 (T class) boarding pass and flight is AV, non-codeshare, SAL-MDE Aug 18...after calling in she's saying that because it's operated by LACSA, that it might not be creditable. I'm only gonna get like 500 miles, but I flew, it's worth a segment and worth the 500 miles, plus if I get them soon enough that'll put me over 60,000 which'll get me more eUPs.

Anyone know what the status of this is post Avianca merger?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Sounds like you encountered a stupid agent or Aeroplan needs to update their systems. There is no more TACA or Lacsa, it's all Avianca now. The fleet is mixed, but all flights are sold under the AV code.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
EXACTLY! That's what I thought, now on flightstats it does say "operated by LACSA on behalf of Avianca".

I see no reason why I shouldn't get credited for this, it's really few miles and based on other trips I've got coming up I no longer need that 1 segment, but last year I hit 50 segs on the dot so I want what's owed to me .

That said when I did the mileage request online, there was some problem when I put in my info, so then I left everything the same and changed the airline code to Taca, which then worked. So I guess we'll see what happens, she did say afterwards on the phone she thinks I should get credit, but she was only basing that on the fact that the computer accepted my request, not that she found some other info to contradict what she had told me prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.