Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Promo: Double Aeroplan Miles on select Aegean Airlines flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Just added this offer to FFB:

Double Aeroplan Miles when you fly on Aegean Airlines between:
- Athens and Budapest, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Prague, Tbilisi or Vienna
- Thessaloniki and Frankfurt or Paris
- Heraklion and Paris
- Larnaca and London
Aug 1 - Oct 31, 12

https://www1.aeroplan.com/promotions..._star_alliance
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Trying to win some of those moved over to A3 FFP?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Funny, since A3 had a promo for bonus miles on AC recently. Sadly, not any of the flights we were on, those miles would have been useful.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Hello all,

I was reluctant to start a new A3 thread with my query, so recurrecting this older one.

Has anyone flown the A3 flights that are using the OA Dash8s? I think I am now good after the merger approval and the fact that they are bookable with Star Alliance awards and also show in the Star Alliance timetable, however, I don't trust anything from AC and AE anymore, so I thought I would doublecheck.

I have the option of a KM flight for 108 CAD or an A3 flight operated by OA for 175 CAD on SOF-ATH so don't want to throw away the cash if I don't need to.

Thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
I've seen nothing post to my account yet for an OA flight from Athens to Paros although the connecting A3 flight into Athens has posted. YMMV.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
This now leaves the following routings/airlines an issue for accumulation of miles and its mind-boggling to understand whose at fault with this issue.

All A3 flights operated by Olympic Air, even though they are wholly-owned subsidiary after clearance from the EC and even though they appear on staralliance.com routing searches.

All AV-TA flights operated by Aviateca and Islena, even though they appear on staralliance.com routing searches.

All LH flights operated by wholly-owned EN, Air Dolomiti even though they appear on staralliance.com routing searches.

Clear as mud.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:54 am

Due to my travel schedule next week, I had no choice but to book A3 into IST but the first leg, A3 961 is operated by Olympic (one of their legacy intra-Europe legacy routes a la BEG or TIA) and connecting onto A3 992.

The A3 website wouldn't recognize the routing as possible, and expedia.ca, travelocity.ca and flightnetwork.com don't like to ticket A3 for some reason. I called A3 in Greece and the fairly pleasant agent said "yes, the website has many issues that they never fix and this routing is one of them". The 20 euro fee for having her ticket it was ridiculous for what should be an easy online transaction, so I opted for orbitz.com and it would perfectly. ^

The agent advised me that both flight are indeed full Star Alliance flights for earning, however, as most of us know (except for the apologists), this means nothing when it comes to AC/AE.

I should know in 10 -14 days as to which of both flights posted.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 2:33 am

PARTNER DATE TRANSACTION ACTIVITY MILES
Jul XX, 2014 AEE 961 Bucharest (RO) - Athens (GR) 500
Jul XX, 2014 AEE 992 Athens (GR) - Istanbul (TR) 500
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 645 Warsaw (PL) - Bucharest (RO) 290
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 572 Belgrade (CS) - Warsaw (PL) 380
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 571 Warsaw (PL) - Belgrade (CS) 253
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 634 Sofia (BG) - Warsaw (PL) 497

I am pleased to report that at least A3 is not playing cames with accrual after all on flights operated by Olympic Air Dash 8-400s. ^

These short hops should indeed be called earning the miles for the hard way and I have a respect for those FTers who earn on segments.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
PARTNER DATE TRANSACTION ACTIVITY MILES
Jul XX, 2014 AEE 961 Bucharest (RO) - Athens (GR) 500
Jul XX, 2014 AEE 992 Athens (GR) - Istanbul (TR) 500
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 645 Warsaw (PL) - Bucharest (RO) 290
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 572 Belgrade (CS) - Warsaw (PL) 380
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 571 Warsaw (PL) - Belgrade (CS) 253
Jul XX, 2014 Lot Polish Airlines 634 Sofia (BG) - Warsaw (PL) 497

I am pleased to report that at least A3 is not playing cames with accrual after all on flights operated by Olympic Air Dash 8-400s. ^

These short hops should indeed be called earning the miles for the hard way and I have a respect for those FTers who earn on segments.

That's better than my experience crediting A3 flights to AE two years ago when none of them posted automatically in spite of my AE*SE|*G showing clearly on the boarding passes. After three months sent them into AE but go the runaround for a year, finally getting a letter the flights weren't eligible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.