The wait is driving me nuts!

Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
The wait is driving me nuts!

Hurry up AP and post my last flight so I can get instant E and request my upgrade for YYC-HNL next thursday! Seriously ---- you aren`t fast enough!

Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:17 pm

Almost certainly you'll need to wait at least 48 hours
Yes, that's the lower bound, not upper bound
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Had my last flight credited within 24 hours and an email informing me of my 20 extra e-upgrades within 48 hours. Much quicker than usuall.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

shhh...making me jealous.

knowing my luck it won`t post until monday (wednesday flight).
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Funny flew tango fare on the 28th and points were posted in 24 hours. Tango plus fares three to six days, UA in 2 days, TAP in 2 days! It's a slow process with air Canada flights.

I fly home on the 3rd where I become *SE and fly back out on the 9th and want to upgrade on all four segments so I will be in the same boat!

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Jun 1, 2012 at 5:48 pm
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Funny flew tango fare on the 28th and points were posted in 24 hours. Tango plus fares three to six days, UA in 2 days, TAP in 2 days! It's a slow process with air Canada flights.

I fly home on the 3rd where I become *SE and fly back out on the 9th and want to upgrade on all four segments so I will be in the same boat!
Hmm, Mrs Mapleg and I are both missing an AC flight we took a week ago. The outbound flight posted in a couple of days, but nothing for the inbound flight.

Looks like I will use the online form to request the missing miles, but it asks for boarding pass number (and suggests a 3 digit code in their example). I don't see any such number on boarding pass .

Last edited by mapleg; Jun 3, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by mapleg
Hmm, Mrs Mapleg and I are both missing an AC flight we took a week ago. The outbound flight posted in a couple of days, but nothing for the inbound flight.

Looks like I will use the online form to request the missing miles, but it asks for boarding pass number (and suggests a 3 digit coe in their example). I don't see any such number on boarding pass .
I remember using that form a couple of years ago, and also did not have a 3 digit code for the BP...I left it blank, and still got the missing miles. All of the other information should be enough (Names, 014nnn ticket numbers, flight code, seat numbers).

My missing miles appeared in about 4 or 5 weeks.

Good luck.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
There is always a delay in posting flights taken in the last 2-3 days of the month.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:24 pm

i was told before it takes up to 3 business days for the mileage to be posted and up to 5 business days for the eupgrade credits to show up.....

"up to"
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
My YOW-YYZ-YVR flights taken on the 30th were posted on the 2nd! Just arrived in YYZ and if my calculations are correct I am now SE (5 months) so hurry up and post as I leave on the 9th and I want to enjoy that 7 day window!!!!! ^
Old Jun 3, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
My YOW-YYZ-YVR flights taken on the 30th were posted on the 2nd! Just arrived in YYZ and if my calculations are correct I am now SE (5 months) so hurry up and post as I leave on the 9th and I want to enjoy that 7 day window!!!!! ^
Is three any R space to make it meaningful?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Is three any R space to make it meaningful?
You know, I have been 100% for the past three months. I just did 4 (YVR-YYC-LAX) out of 4 (LAX-YYZ-YOW), half at the gate and half four days out. I hope being *SE does not make me miss out as an *E the Upgrade Gods have been kind to me! ^

Will Call AP today as I am within my 7 day window now and I want to upgrade but need those new credits for hitting 100,000!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

I upgraded 3/4 flights YYC-YVR-HNL for my wife and I - only I am waitlisted (such a gentleman) but the flight is wide open up front. Pretty sure I'll clear by the gate.

Have had about 4 flights in 25 this year that didn't clear, which is pretty good considering the bulk of my requests have been on YYC-YYZ...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:13 am
Original Poster

So my status has updated - e-creds have posted for the select priviledges, but still waiting on the threshold amounts.

But most importantly ---- waitlist cleared on the 2nd seat (for myself) at T-54 ---- woohoo, upgraded all the way through to HNL.

No R games for me!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jazzsax
So my status has updated - e-creds have posted for the select priviledges, but still waiting on the threshold amounts.

But most importantly ---- waitlist cleared on the 2nd seat (for myself) at T-54 ---- woohoo, upgraded all the way through to HNL.

No R games for me!
Alwasy nice when it works the way its suppose too and HNL is always good no matter where on the plane you are, but the front is always nice. Still an E with 11 credits left waiting for my offical SE notice. Today at t-96h I am using 10 of the 11 credits and have been succesfull in my upgrade YOW-YYZ-YYC-LAX.....just four more hours for the final upgrade LAX to YVR! Yup this was a milage run booked over a month ago for less money than YOW-YVR!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.