Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E

I have 47 eupgrade credits and 2 nominee spots for a FlyerTalk member to use prior to the end of the month. I saved them all year in case I had to fly internationally, but instead ended up flying a ton of domestic instead and never really used any other then during the promotions.

Please let me know if anyone could use them on an international flight(s) for themselves and another friend/colleague/spouse. Not exactly sure how the nominee works, but would prefer that upgrade space be confirmed prior to using the credits (for a confirmed upgrade not a wait listed one).

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 25, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:49 pm

Hey Keith,

That's extremely generous of you

I will now proceed to shamelessly make my request.

I'm flying BOS-YYZ on 17-20 Feb. I'm in the low T+ classes but I think that's still upgrade-eligible for North America? Never been in the J cabin so I'd be thrilled with the potential upgrade. (I also have a friend travelling the same route on 23-26 Feb...)

That said, obviously any long-haul traveller should be first in line for these, so don't make me your first choice, but if you can't find anyone and it's getting towards the end of the month, using them for my friend would be nice at least

Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite
NOMINEE SPOT HAS BEEN CLAIMED.

While I don't have the amount of KeithC, I do have 9 leftover credits and an open nominee spot. Would be willing to bump that to 10 credits total to make it work for a T+ >1500mi fare within NA.

Let me know through a PM if anyone is interested. Same condition as KeithC- I'd only want to donate the credits if the R space was available within the appropriate upgrade window rather than gambling on the waitlist.

Heading out on a rewards mini-RTW that includes time in New Zealand and overnights in NRT and ZRH in about two months. Any hints or tips for those locations in the PM request for the credits would be appreciated.

Last edited by dataflux; Feb 17, 2012 at 3:05 pm Reason: Nominee spot claimed. Flight upgraded.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:38 pm

make sure u have some heart medication handy for your friend........ Lots of Aerolotto these days
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, US, DL
My brother is traveling from yyz to hkg beggining of feb. Let me know if you have some extra upgrade available...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC Elite, OneWorld Sapphire, Delta
Originally Posted by KeithC
I have 47 eupgrade credits and 2 nominee spots for a FlyerTalk member to use prior to the end of the month. I saved them all year in case I had to fly internationally, but instead ended up flying a ton of domestic instead and never really used any other then during the promotions.

Please let me know if anyone could use them on an international flight(s) for themselves and another friend/colleague/spouse. Not exactly sure how the nominee works, but would prefer that upgrade space be confirmed prior to using the credits (for a confirmed upgrade not a wait listed one).
Pm sent
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Thanks to OP for starting this thread and reminding me to offer up my last nominee spot. Have over 80 credits leftover and would love to see as many used as possible.

Would prefer to use the final spot to upgrade someone on long-haul where R is available.

PM if interested.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by danlauz
My brother is traveling from yyz to hkg beggining of feb. Let me know if you have some extra upgrade available...
Since it's Feb 15th, isn't it too late?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
A somewhat frivolous upgrade request

If anyone's feeling generous and has some eUps to burn, a friend and I are travelling EWR-YYZ tomorrow on a flight with R space available. We're on separate PNRs and all my nominee spots are full. I have a few expiring credits I can use for myself, but don't want to upgrade myself and leave her behind.

Of course EWR-YYZ is not a great hardship in Y, so this is by no means a life-changing upgrade. However, it would make my friend very happy and be a nice start to the long weekend, so if anyone has eUps to burn it would be very much appreciated - and better than letting them go to waste

(Plus it would allow me to ensure my last few aren't wasted too...)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by danlauz
if it's beginning of march then i think you're out of luck since it'll be a new nominee list

also make sure it's a Tango+ fare and not a Tango, Tango fares are not upgradeable
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by wwtsang
if it's beginning of march then i think you're out of luck since it'll be a new nominee list

also make sure it's a Tango+ fare and not a Tango, Tango fares are not upgradeable
Maybe some very generous FTers will be giving away slots for the whole year
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC*E
Anyone still feeling generous? I have an LAX-YUL flight in exactly 1 week and 2 hours (visiting my long-distance gf, if you want a sob story to go with this ) and would appreciate an upgrade for that red-eye! This is about as last-minute as it gets in terms of expiring credits, but hopefully I'll win the FT lottery.

Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Some pretty generous offers. Thanks.

I booked a T+ ticket on AC YO-YUL-CDG return for Feb 24 return Feb 27. Going to catch up with some friends and eat some good food and drink some wine

If someone have eupgrades to spare, would appreciate it.

Only a prestige now so I cannot upgrade on T+ till March 1 right?

Last edited by Snoopyo; Feb 17, 2012 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:49 am

If someone has 3 eUpgrade credits they could spare, please msg me through flyertalk msg!

I've been bumped down from elite to prestige and can use some help

Thank you
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: aeorplan, cedar miles
17 eUpgrades Credits to gift..

Hi All, I have 17 eUpgrade aeorplan credits set to expire at the end of the month and 2 nomination spots. I will not be able to use these credits and would like to gift them to someone.
Please message me if you'd like to use them.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.