Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WoodlandCreature

Who is eligible for Air Canadas Concierge service?

In which cities are Concierge services available?

How do I contact a Concierge?

• Remotely:
    • For SE: From the app, click your virtual Aeroplan Card and Customer Support. Email and phone numbers for Super Elite are shown.
      • There are per-airport email aliases as well, unpublished, but following an obvious pattern if you interact with them.
    • For Others: You don't.
  • At the airport:
    • They are wearing black AC uniforms.
    • The following Canadian airports are known to have accessible, landside, offices, all relatively nearby the check in desks: YVR, YYC, YYZ, YOW, YUL
    • Others: Good luck. Priority check in agent, or MLL agents, may be able to trigger one to materialize.
Print Wikipost

What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?

Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMachine999
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I'm flying SFO-YVR-YYZ-YOW on Saturday, and there's a travel advisory for both YYZ and YOW.

Do I need to do anything to alert the concierge(s) that I'll be coming through, or will they be proactively looking out for me?
YYZ concierge? Good luck. YOW won't (automatically) care since you have no flight departing from there.
My YYZ-YOW flight was canceled today. My bags never showed up in YYZ (the YVR concierge said they would). YYZ baggage services told me it would take hours to get them, as they were holding them for my morning flight (and this was around 2230, so I wasn't waiting).

Anyway, I visited the YYZ concierge office (I had called them while in line at baggage services, but his final advice was to talk to baggage services), just to see if there were any other options for Ottawa. They were so nice. They offered me an amenity kit (baggage services already had done that), and offered a hotel voucher (!!!) for a weather delay. I declined, but that was pretty awesome. I know I've only had one experience so far, but I have nothing but nice things to say about the YYZ concierges

I had also been automatically rebooked on a flight tomorrow, but I don't know if that was done by a concierge or someone/something else.

Now, as a consequence of not having bags, and checking the closet at my dad's, I have two options for tomorrow:
1. FlyerTalk t-shirt I've been wearing all day (i.e. dirty/smell)
2. A Star Trek tunic from a Halloween costume (I probably can't carry on the phaser though)

I'm seriously considering the second option
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Now, as a consequence of not having bags, and checking the closet at my dad's, I have two options for tomorrow:
1. FlyerTalk t-shirt I've been wearing all day (i.e. dirty/smell)
2. A Star Trek tunic from a Halloween costume (I probably can't carry on the phaser though)

I'm seriously considering the second option
What, no other polyester outfits?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What, no other polyester outfits?
I opted for the first option. I don't mind standing out in a crowd, but I don't want the whole airport to think I'm crazy
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I opted for the first option. I don't mind standing out in a crowd, but I don't want the whole airport to think I'm crazy
My family member's baggage did not make the flight yesterday. Called SE baggage #. Place of Residence being Australia even though he is staying with me not an hotel, needs change of clothes & toiletries & : They authorised $100.00 spend for 24 hours for essentials. If it does not arrive by tomorrow another $200.00 for J booking.

Did the concierge in YYZ not give you this info? Even if you are staying with your father, since YYZ is not your place residence you are entitle to $100.00 of spend if your ticket was in J. $60.00 I was told if in coach.

By the way SE Baggage TEL# is in Contact numbers when you log into your account.

Go Shopping!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First option? You think they won't?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
My family member's baggage did not make the flight yesterday. Called SE baggage #. Place of Residence being Australia even though he is staying with me not an hotel, needs change of clothes & toiletries & : They authorised $100.00 spend for 24 hours for essentials. If it does not arrive by tomorrow another $200.00 for J booking.

Did the concierge in YYZ not give you this info? Even if you are staying with your father, since YYZ is not your place residence you are entitle to $100.00 of spend if your ticket was in J. $60.00 I was told if in coach.

By the way SE Baggage TEL# is in Contact numbers when you log into your account.

Go Shopping!
They did not tell me that. It's an upgraded Y ticket.

It looks like my bags may not have been loaded onto the YOW flight, so I'm definitely going to ask for something if they don't show up here.

I couldn't really have bought much last night anyway. Nothing was open the hours I was in Toronto

Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM

It looks like my bags may not have been loaded onto the YOW flight, so I'm definitely going to ask for something if they don't show up here.

I couldn't really have bought much last night anyway. Nothing was open the hours I was in Toronto

Thanks for the info!
You won't get any money for toiletries or clothes unless you buy something - so definitely go shopping and get yourself a new shirt/socks and hang onto the receipts - confirm with AC concierge too just so you know your limit - last time mountainboy had this happen to him I sent him out shopping for wool shirts in DUD immediately so that he had receipts for that day - as his luggage has been tracked and may be delivered the next morning. But ended up taking >2 days so I think he got $400 authorized spend. His credit card though also covered delayed luggage if needed.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Thanks for the info!
As I have noted before YYZ concierge are not helpful . If I need help I always contact YVR concierges. They are very knowledgeable & go the extra mile to resolve the issue. A 5* team.

You have go & buy the items you need & submit the original receipts. As the other poster noted it has to be done before your baggage is delivered to you.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
I was on IST-YYZ on friday and my YYZ-YWG was being delayed,delayed,delayed. I talked to YYZ Concierge and they were very helpful, protected me on Saturday morning flight and got me a hotel room and meal voucher. The only thing that I thought was strange was that they didn't offload my baggage and they told me that it would be going through and to pick it up in YWG when I landed. They also asked me to check the next morning to be sure. When I checked in the morning the concierge told me that they must have offloaded the baggage as they would NEVER load it on the plane if I was offloaded. blah blah blah. After we found out that it had been loaded and left during the night I told her that I would pretend I didn't hear her speech. LOL. She was not the friendliest concierge however the 2 concierges I dealt with the previous evening were 2 of the best. I dont have much opportunity to deal with them but generally and especially the ones in YWG are excellent
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Anyway, I visited the YYZ concierge office (I had called them while in line at baggage services, but his final advice was to talk to baggage services), just to see if there were any other options for Ottawa. They were so nice. They offered me an amenity kit (baggage services already had done that), and offered a hotel voucher (!!!) for a weather delay. I declined, but that was pretty awesome. I know I've only had one experience so far, but I have nothing but nice things to say about the YYZ concierges
JUST to be clear... they offered you a hotel voucher EVEN if you did not purchase On My Way???

Or was it just a discounted hotel?

They didn't use weather as an excuse?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by cooleddie
JUST to be clear... they offered you a hotel voucher EVEN if you did not purchase On My Way???

I'm pretty sure I got hotels on a several weather related delays, as an SE. The best thing the concierge ever did for me (I believe it was YYZ) was to leave me a hotel voucher taped on the concierge office door so that I wouldn't have to wait in line when I got into YYZ at 2 a.m.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie

Correct. They offered me a hotel voucher. They did not use weather as an excuse.

I've had regular agents give me hotel vouchers for acts of god before.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
[QUOTE=canadiancow;22009116]
1. FlyerTalk t-shirt I've been wearing all day
2. A Star Trek tunic from a Halloween costume

Living in SFO, going to YOW you did not choose option 2, seriously?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 8:31 pm

Just got a call from the YOW concierge. They have my bag. I definitely need to buy another box of chocolates.

My first trip as SE has had a few problems, but it's also down me how incredible the concierges are.

I know who I'm crediting to next year, starting with my flights on January 1. I was previously undecided.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
I'm flying out of YYT today (via YYZ and YVR to SYD) and it looks like things are getting messy with cancelled/ delayed flights. Since there's no concierge at YYT, if I need help with flights out of here, should I contact a concierge at another airport? Or is it better to call the generic SE line or wait to talk to a regular agent at the YYT counter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.