New 2012 Benefits Announced

Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:57 am
Original Poster

New 2012 Benefits Announced

Go to Top Tier Program and take a look on the Aeroplan Site.
No major changes from 2011.

Changes are:
2012 PROGRAM CHANGES

Enhanced Select Privilege: 2012 Top Tier Bonus

New this year, Top Tier members who choose the Top Tier Bonus as one of their Select Privileges will enjoy a 25% Aeroplan Mile Bonus on eligible flights operated by TAM. This complements the current range of airlines participating in the Top Tier Bonus, including Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Austrian Airlines, bmi, Continental Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS and United. Unlike in previous years, note that this year ANA will no longer participate in the Top Tier Bonus.

Super Elite Threshold Gift

New this year, Air Canada Super Elite members who achieve the 150,000 Air Canada Status Mile threshold before December 31 will be rewarded automatically with 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Members achieving the 200,000, 250,000, 300,000 or 350,000 Air Canada Status Mile threshold will continue to be able to choose from a range of exclusive gifts, including Bonus Aeroplan Miles, gift certificates and electronics.

Expanded upgrade eligibility for Prestige members

Air Canada Prestige members will now enjoy access to upgrades from all Tango Plus fares on flights within North America, including Sun destinations. This change will be effective for upgrade requests made as of January 1, 2012. For more information, including the number of eUpgrade Credits required, click here.

eUpgrades for the 2012 Air Canada Top Tier Program

eUpgrade Credits earned as part of the 2012 Air Canada Top Tier Program will be valid until February 28, 2013. Additionally, note that this year, an Aeroplan Member, regardless of their Air Canada Top Tier status, can only be identified as an eUpgrade Nominee by one Air Canada Top Tier member. To learn more about eUpgrade Nominees, click here.

Note:
You'll soon be invited to choose your Select Privileges for 2012

As you may achieve another Air Canada Top Tier status for 2012, you can't choose your Select Privileges for now but you will receive an e-mail inviting you to do so in early January. While we complete all crediting of Air Canada status flights flown in 2011, please ensure your 2011 Air Canada status flights have all been credited to your Aeroplan account and that your Aeroplan profile contains a valid e-mail address.

Last edited by travelblond; Dec 16, 2011 at 4:02 am Reason: addition
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:05 am
Original Poster

ANA bonus miles? 2012 new program?

Wasn't sure of the meaning of this line:

Unlike in previous years, note that this year ANA will no longer participate in the Top Tier Bonus.

ANA miles will not be subject to 50% Bonus miles? No status miles anymore to AC account with ANA?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Those are great enhancements for those that fly TAM or clock 200K miles a year. <1% of base members?

cheers
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
chose my options - agree no real changes
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by travelblond
Wasn't sure of the meaning of this line:

Unlike in previous years, note that this year ANA will no longer participate in the Top Tier Bonus.
It means you will no longer get the 25% top tier bonus miles when flying ANA.

TAM are added to the bonus programme, but I'm not sure how long that will last since they are merging with LAN - and thus may switch to One World.

Other changes I noticed:
  • First eUpgrade credits select benefit option increased from 15 to 25 for E, and 40 to 45 for SE. Of course, we all got the 10 bonus credits in 2011, so this is effectively no change for E and 5 less credits for SE.
  • Bonus Air Canada Status Miles (in selection bundle 1) option decreased from 2000 to 1500 for E, and 3000 to 2000 for SE.
  • Bonus Aeroplan Miles option (in selection bundle 2) increased from 1000 to 2000 for E, and 1500 to 2000 for SE. However, this bundle 2 miles option is now not status miles.

Last edited by Reason077; Dec 16, 2011 at 5:29 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Just completed my choices.

One thing new, at least for SE, is to choose luggage tags with name OR with name and address. I don't remember that being an option before.

All in all, I'm happy.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:36 am

Here's one that is bound to make some people unhappy:

... an Aeroplan Member, regardless of their Air Canada Top Tier status, can only be identified as an eUpgrade Nominee by one Air Canada Top Tier member.
So no more asking for spare eUpgrades around here.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Just completed my choices.

One thing new, at least for SE, is to choose luggage tags with name OR with name and address. I don't remember that being an option before.

All in all, I'm happy.
Cannot select mine--get a message "Unable to choose renom benefit"...I am over 140K and have already been confirmed as SE for 2012...anyone else experiencing this?

I assume people are entering the 'Top Tier' section once logged into the Aeroplan site??
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: AC SE, PC-Platinum Royal Ambassador, DL-Silver, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold
AE site is really slow to load I'm loading it for more than 5 min
Is it another enhancement?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: AC SE, PC-Platinum Royal Ambassador, DL-Silver, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by Reason077
[*]Bonus Air Canada Status Miles option decreased from 2000 to 1500 for E, and 3000 to 2000 for SE.
[*]Bonus Aeroplan Miles option increased from 1000 to 2000 for E, and 1500 to 2000 for SE.
[/LIST]
What's the different between Air Canada status miles and aeroplan miles?
Now we can select non status aeroplan miles?
I can't get to the site to see it yet I'm trying to get it from FT
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thumbs up

AC has made some nice improvements, especially restoring some value for AC Elite members.

Es can now select the 50% bonus and 25 upgrade credits from bundle 1 and 10 upgrade credits from bundle 2 for a total of 35 upgrade credits. (or select a total of 45 upgrade credits when foregoing the 50% miles bonus)

SEs will now be able to select up to 65 (vs. 60) upgrade credits.

After the many devaluations this year this is a nice improvement! Good job!^
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Es can now select the 50% bonus and 25 upgrade credits from bundle 1 and 10 upgrade credits from bundle 2 for a total of 35 upgrade credits. (or select a total of 45 upgrade credits when foregoing the 50% miles bonus)

All Es and SEs received a bonus 10 eUpgrade credits in 2011, in addition to the select benefit credits. So effectively (assuming there is no similar bonus in 2012), this is no change for E and a decrease of 5 eUpgrade credits for SE.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Reason077
All Es and SEs received a bonus 10 eUpgrade credits in 2011, in addition to the select benefit credits. So effectively (assuming there is no similar bonus in 2012), this is no change for E and a decrease of 5 eUpgrade credits for SE.
Well I guess I was trying to see the glass being half full.
AC did give everyone 10 additional credits this year due to their screw up with threshold credits etc., and I pretty much expected this years program without the ten extra credits.

I think 50% bonus and 35 upgrade credits for Es and 100% bonus and 65 upgrade credits for SEs is reasonable.

Now the threshold credits and in particular the bonus credits for buying flight passes is a whole different story (SEs used to get 2SSWUs, now they get 12 upgrade credits), but overall its nice to see not yet another devaluation.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: SPG PLT and AC SE
So the miles offered in Selection Bundle 2 are not Status Miles? They were status miles last year. Hmm 6(Useless) ML passes or 2500 miles??? Any thoughts?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
AC has made some nice improvements, especially restoring some value for AC Elite members.

After the many devaluations this year this is a nice improvement! Good job!^
In bundle 2 you don't get status miles as compared to 2011
Then the reduction of status miles in the first bundle adds to the devaluation In my opinion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.