Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:41 am

Red face Anyone have 3 eUpgrade credits to spare for my Thurs flight?

Hi all,

I would like to request an upgrade for my CDG-YYZ flight this Thursday, Feb 23rd, but I'm short 3 credits (I have 11, need 14). I don't have enough posts on FT yet to access coupon connection.

Would anyone be willing to share 14 credits with me (perhaps you have a few that are about to expire)? I'd be happy to trade miles, etc. I have a long trip ahead of me (24 hours+), so upgrades always make the going a bit smoother

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

[EDIT] I wrote 3 credits in the title but it should say 14 credits.

Last edited by ofohsho; Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 am
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: E50 MM
Individual credits cannot be shared between accounts. Your only chance is that someone has credits that are expiring and they add you as a nominee. As you know, you can purchase a higher fare class and use less credits but that is a mute point considering you already have your ticket.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:07 am

Ah, thanks for the info.

In that case, does anyone have credits that are expiring? :P
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
The flight is J1... doubtful for an upgrade anyways OP. You should have route via YUL
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:40 am

hmmm, still worth a shot. As of now, it is available for upgrade (I wouldn't be waitlisted), so if I request the upgrade ASAP, I should be good to go...
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:56 am

If anyone is willing to sponsor me with 14 credits for an upgrade on my flight this Thurs morning, I'd be very pleased and will toast to your name while sipping some champagne in J

Last edited by ofohsho; Feb 21, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by ABG
The flight is J1... doubtful for an upgrade anyways OP. You should have route via YUL
AC881/23FEB is not J1. It is J8 R8.

I'd call AC and ask about upgrading from T+ to Lat if possible. or from T+ to a "M" T+ if that will reduce the points enough for you.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
AC881/23FEB is not J1. It is J8 R8.

I'd call AC and ask about upgrading from T+ to Lat if possible. or from T+ to a "M" T+ if that will reduce the points enough for you.
Julie-
T+ to lat is really expensive. You shouldn't even think about it.
Did you requalify for E for 2012? If so, can't you use your credits from that status year?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:56 am

Thanks for the suggestion yyz_atc_qq. Actually, I already called and talked to AP about it... the fare change would cost close to $1500. I can do another r/t for almost half that :P
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Julie-
T+ to lat is really expensive. You shouldn't even think about it.
Did you requalify for E for 2012? If so, can't you use your credits from that status year?
J,
I did requalify but only got 10 eUpgrade credits for the 2012-2013 year (does that seem weird? Last year I had 65 credits!).
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:38 am

THANK YOU FLYERTALK!

A user was gracious enough to upgrade me (I can't send any more PMs today but tomorrow I will be sending you my regards!).

And thanks everyone else for the help :]
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:59 am

Can someone explain to me the procedure for upgrading a nominee? Do I simply add the nominee to my list and then the nominee does the rest? Or, do I also have to request the upgrade for that person. It looks like I've got 29 left in my account, having not flown AC much last year, so might be willing to pass some along to a worthy person so long as it doesn't require much effort on my part (I'm drowning in deadlines right now so can't waste time fiddling--though I can post on FT, apparently, LOL).

I'm not looking for anything in return, though if someone were to kick me a discount code or some MLL passes in the future I wouldn't complain too much. I'm down to P and crediting to UA these days, so the good days are over. I'm happy, though, to build some good Karma and leave it at that.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
I would be eternally grateful for 17 credits for my SCL-YYJ on Feb 28th...

Yours Truly,

6'8", 260 and can't sleep in Y
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:06 am

I'm hoping somebody has 17 eupgrades they won't be able to use by the end of the month. Also, that they have one space left for a nominee to be added.

There was a thread put up a few days ago with two people offering unused upgrades but they have not posted since so I don't know if they have given them away or not.

My husband who is 75 is in TLV and flying home this Thursday Feb. 23. it is a 12 hr flight from TLV to YYZ and then another 5 from YYZ to YVR. Needless to say it would be wonderful if he could be upgraded to the front.

Hope it is not too late for somebody to upgrade him. Thanks folks
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by nobody-elite
I'm hoping somebody has 17 eupgrades they won't be able to use by the end of the month. Also, that they have one space left for a nominee to be added.

There was a thread put up a few days ago with two people offering unused upgrades but they have not posted since so I don't know if they have given them away or not.

My husband who is 75 is in TLV and flying home this Thursday Feb. 23. it is a 12 hr flight from TLV to YYZ and then another 5 from YYZ to YVR. Needless to say it would be wonderful if he could be upgraded to the front.

Hope it is not too late for somebody to upgrade him. Thanks folks
I'm good to help you out. Send me a PM with the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.