Suggestions for unused eUpgrade credits

Subscribe
Quote: According to the Nov. issue of the Elite Connection, "Big news! All eUpgrade Credits earned as of November 1, 2011, including those earned for achieving a Status Mile Threshold, or for an eligible Flight Pass activity, may be used for travel through February 28, 2013."

There is no more information about this statement on the eupgrade site but since Tango and Tango Plus tickets can only be upgraded a max. of 7 days in advance, doesn't this imply that they don't expire until Feb. 21/13?
If you look in your EUpgrade account. It shows now those that we're earned after Nov.1st have an expiry date as Feb.28 2013. Others show Feb.28,2012. If AC can do that then they certainly can make each EUpgrade credits expire 360 days from earning.
That's why I plan to pick 50% bonus + extra status miles as my E award instead of eUpgrade certs. Some people have a lot of success with them, others go an entire year without successfully getting an update. I'd rather get something guarenteed now than a "may be" later.
Quote: That's why I plan to pick 50% bonus + extra status miles as my E award instead of eUpgrade certs. Some people have a lot of success with them, others go an entire year without successfully getting an update. I'd rather get something guarenteed now than a "may be" later.
But my understanding is that the bonus status miles are not cumulative? As in...you give them up next year unless you select the same privilege again?
I have 176 eupgrades left. I've flown ~2.2-2.4X per week this year. All but 2 of my domestic eupgrade requests have cleared (~90 legs to date -- can't tell total because I'm on a flight pass). Cleared my girlfriend, my pops, and my sister on separate flights from me. Cleared both my GF and myself into J YYZ-NRT.

Frankly, I have way more upgrade possiblilities on AC now than I did when I was on paper certs.

Anyway, I have no idea what do with the ~150 eupgrades that I'll lose this year because they don't extend to 2013 or longer.
Quote: Anyway, I have no idea what do with the ~150 eupgrades that I'll lose this year because they don't extend to 2013 or longer.

Well if you fly that much the you don't really need them extended beyond the end of the year anyway as you'll still earn more than you need next year as well. Why have a little cry about them not be extended when you enough for all you require?

I note many of the folks always declaring I have so many e credits remaining I don't know what to do with them are flight pass users. Maybe AC can cut the amount of credits available to pass users as a new '"enhancement".
Quote: Well if you fly that much the you don't really need them extended beyond the end of the year anyway as you'll still earn more than you need next year as well. Why have a little cry about them not be extended when you enough for all you require?

I note many of the folks always declaring I have so many e credits remaining I don't know what to do with them are flight pass users. Maybe AC can cut the amount of credits available to pass users as a new '"enhancement".
No, the enhancement would be giving us even more upgrade credits. But nobody can use those credits in the flights they want.
My concern is the reverse, what if you are short of e-credits by Feb 28th? Why cant we buy extra e-credits? That is revenue for AC! Why not?
Who knows!
Meh, I planned my eUpgrade year perfectly (I hope). Have enough credits left that I can upgrade my 3 trips to Europe still, and all threshold credits that can will rollover, with no credits left this year.
Being the SOB that I typically am, I did not select any friends or coworkers with whom to share eupgrade points. A few weeks ago, I'm sitting on 90+ points and co-worker informed me he didn't have enough points for his biz trip to OZ.

Merry Christmas...I added him, upgraded him in both directions. I'm expecting a new blender under my Christmas tree at work

Need to ditch points? I'd suggest not adding anyone to your list until the need arises....It was 20 odd credits that would have otherwise expired.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

You lot are so small time.

I just upgraded my boss to Asia and back.

Not to mention getting him a $750 refund.

AC--here is a suggestion for a true enhancement:
From Jan 1 of every year those having extra earned eu/g credits expiring Feb 28 (or 29) will be given the option of having 30% of those extended to Dec 31 of same year. AC wants to reward FFers as the eu/g were obtained by actual flights.
On a side note-- I have u/g my staff on most u/gable flights. Still have 60+ credits left. Mrs ac777(E and remains E) has all her certs left.
I'd love a way to purchase extra eupgrades - when your company only allows you to purchase tango plus fares, the few eupgrades you're allocated don't go very far.

Heck, if anyone's looking for a way to use up excess credits, I have a last minute pre-Christmas trip to Europe, and an early January trip to China that I have no eupgrades left to cover ...
Quote: 1. Tango cannot be upgraded...Only Tango Plus and Latitude
2. For Elite its 4 days advance.
3. Since this is year 1, we dont know how the transition will play yet.... But in previous paper cert years, your coupons must be used for travel on or before Feb 28 2013.
GHT anything earned after Nov 1 good thru 2013 feb.
Quote: My concern is the reverse, what if you are short of e-credits by Feb 28th? Why cant we buy extra e-credits? That is revenue for AC! Why not?
why sell e upgrades when rich pax can buy for more money. Exec bonus has to come form somewhere!!!!
eUpgrade wanted HKG to YYZ Dec 27 for 2 people
Hi Everyone, I am looking for someone that has extra eUpgrade credits and would be willing to help me to upgrade 2 people from Hong Kong to Toronto on Dec 27. If there is anyone with 17 or 34 eUpgrade credits and would like to help me, please contact me ASAP. I am hoping to surprise them with the upgrades. I also have 19 eUpgrade credits that i am not using. Happy holidays to everyone.
Rodger