Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Any great "F" options YYZ - LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Any great "F" options YYZ - LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Great suggestion. Unfortunately, I just checked, and it would seem that SQ is running a 388 on that route, and they're not making F or J seats available to lowly Aeroplan members like me.
No F. But J is available on many dates on SQ 388 JFK-FRA.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Can't quite picture the layout on US's A330's/Envoy Suites. Realize seat manufacturer is different than AC, but how do they fit 4 seats across where AC fits 3 in a fairly compact configuration?
Very narrow aisles and the seats aren't as angled as part goes under the console of the seat in front.

See: http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Ai...11bbe0ff53dca5
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by echino
No F. But J is available on many dates on SQ 388 JFK-FRA.
Lots of J available - but there would be a cab involved from LGA to JFK

My choice would probably be if I wanted to force F
YYZ/YTZ-YUL-ZRH-LCY, youre in London by 8am
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Lots of J available - but there would be a cab involved from LGA to JFK

My choice would probably be if I wanted to force F
YYZ/YTZ-YUL-ZRH-LCY, youre in London by 8am
But SQ J is WAY better than LX J. For some reason, I really do not like LX J.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
the UK passenger duty can be quite expensive:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...o-minimize-it/

You will pay ~$190 for the privilege of landing at a British airport in a premium cabin. If it's feasible for your trip, I would avoid flying into LHR directly on a TATL ticket.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by will5404

You will pay ~$190 for the privilege of landing at a British airport in a premium cabin. If it's feasible for your trip, I would avoid flying into LHR directly on a TATL ticket.
You dont pay the APD for landing in the UK, but you do pay a hefty price for departing the UK longhaul
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
...- but there would be a cab involved from LGA to JFK

Shuttle bus. Much cheaper.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
SQ flies EWR-FRA with an F cabin so that's an option.
SQ flies JFK-FRA not EWR-FRA.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
LHR is one of the unfortunate destinations where it's almost worth paying the AC fuel surcharge

Double connections through Europe, or a connection through USA can be painful, especially when the flight is only 7 hours direct. And let's not forget that AC pods are one of the better business class products available.

I would save the F redemption for a 12+ hour flight.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by DaveTO
LHR is one of the unfortunate destinations where it's almost worth paying the AC fuel surcharge

Double connections through Europe, or a connection through USA can be painful, especially when the flight is only 7 hours direct. And let's not forget that AC pods are one of the better business class products available.

I would save the F redemption for a 12+ hour flight.
I'm starting to agree. I was running some options last night, and found the fees vary a lot.

I also couldn't find a really nice F experience that had reward availability that didn't involve at least 2 stops. So I think my only options are... AC J direct or UA F thru IAD.

The UA option takes (only) 4 hours longer, but will be $755 cheaper for the 2 tickets (the best differential I could find on the different scenarios I ran). Of course, the UA option will cost 250K miles vs. 180K.

Since UA F (on a 763) is only marginally better than AC J (just my opinion), the question becomes, 'do I want to spend 70,000 extra miles to save $755 in fees'?

I think I'm going to suck it up an pay the AC surcharges. Still, paying about $1,500 for a pair of 'free' tickets hurts.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.