Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AIR CANADA'S Fall Promotion - 105,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles

Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

https://www1.aeroplan.com/promotions...ortCookie=true

Time to buy a London pass
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:54 pm

I have made a comment regarding the current Canada-China/Hong Kong promotion in post #152 at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post17302741

It is interesting to note that AC has deliberately excluded Latitude and Executive Fares from this promotion.

In order to get the bonus with Latitude fare, one must be able to upgrade into R as R is a qualifying class for the bonus.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
Well the offer is in response to this from BA

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click

However BA offer is on any TATL with BA / AA or IB where as the AC offer is only to London.

If there was a direct *A flight to MAD or BCN I would be jumping on this.....
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:16 pm

To get 105,000 Aeroplan miles, 3 round-trips needed to London

Offer is valid with the following fare options (booking classes) only:

Latitude (Y, B)
Executive First Lowest (C, D, Z)
Executive First Flexible (J)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Why worry about facts and details - this is FT afterall
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
To get 105,000 Aeroplan miles, 3 round-trips needed to London
Hence why a Europe Lat pass could be a good option especially if you have the credits to burn - $7,620 3 returns in J if you have the credits and a bucket load of miles - base miles / E&SE bonus miles and the up to 105K bonus wouldn't be too bad.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by getaround
Well...

You get 105,000 bonus for 3 round-trips in Y/B, but if you upgrade a latitude pass booking (which maps to Y) on those legs you get kicked into R class, which means only 5,000 bonus miles per RT.

So, in a sense, upgrades on a Y flight pass booking during the promotion now cost 6 eUps plus foregoing a whack of bonus AE miles.

On the one hand that seems kinda crappy. On the other, it's a promo... 5,000 bonus miles is still a bonus, and I'm sitting up front. Suppose I can sit in the back if I want the extra miles, which I might do if AE miles were still worth anything...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Hence why a Europe Lat pass could be a good option especially if you have the credits to burn - $7,620 3 returns in J if you have the credits and a bucket load of miles - base miles / E&SE bonus miles and the up to 105K bonus wouldn't be too bad.
Actually it's more like $8610 after HST.

Even with the SE 100% bonus and 1 mile/$ CC earning you'd still be closer to 0.06 CPM. Hardly close to MR territory but I guess if you just have to be in LHR, then it's not a bad bonus. Definitely not worth entertaining MR ideas though.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:38 pm

As I read it, upgrading to R class means just 15,000 bonus miles for the 3 RT's.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
Actually it's more like $8610 after HST.
I don;t think there is HST on international flights. I do my own books and I've never seen HST on any London or Europe FP I've bought.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
I don;t think there is HST on international flights. I do my own books and I've never seen HST on any London or Europe FP I've bought.
Ahhh I stand corrected. You're right!

This brings down the CPM to $0.05.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
This brings down the CPM to $0.05.
For non-status miles. Why on earth would one want to do that? Is it even called a MR when the miles are non-status?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
Well...

You get 105,000 bonus for 3 round-trips in Y/B, but if you upgrade a latitude pass booking (which maps to Y) on those legs you get kicked into R class, which means only 5,000 bonus miles per RT.

So, in a sense, upgrades on a Y flight pass booking during the promotion now cost 6 eUps plus foregoing a whack of bonus AE miles.

On the one hand that seems kinda crappy. On the other, it's a promo... 5,000 bonus miles is still a bonus, and I'm sitting up front. Suppose I can sit in the back if I want the extra miles, which I might do if AE miles were still worth anything...
They have inelegantly worded the T&C to exclude upgraded Tango+ flights from the 25000 per round trip bonus for being in Executive First.

There is no way you lose the Y/B bonus miles just because you upgrade.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: AP basic (formerly prestige, wannabe SE)
Originally Posted by zorn
They have inelegantly worded the T&C to exclude upgraded Tango+ flights from the 25000 per round trip bonus for being in Executive First.

I agree. I thought that the original booking class always determines mileage accrual. That should mean that the bonus applies to an upgraded fare.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by zorn

Originally Posted by mrpickle
I agree. I thought that the original booking class always determines mileage accrual. That should mean that the bonus applies to an upgraded fare.
No way you *should* lose the Y/B bonus. And you may both be right. I'm just taking the T&C at face value.

Who wants to bet that AC IT is incapable of treating R-class bookings differently, based on original booking class, for the purposes of this promo?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.