CIBC Visa & Aeroplan

Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

CIBC Visa & Aeroplan

I noticed that there are 2 concurrent promotions for apply CIBC Aerogold and CIBC Visa Infinite. Each promotion nets you 15,000 miles. If I apply and get approved for both, would I get 30,000 bonus miles?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:05 pm
FB_

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by canadianidol
I noticed that there are 2 concurrent promotions for apply CIBC Aerogold and CIBC Visa Infinite. Each promotion nets you 15,000 miles. If I apply and get approved for both, would I get 30,000 bonus miles?
If you paid both annual fees and got both cards then probably yes. But you should call and confirm first.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
if you apply for aerogold and you qualify for infinite, they "upgrade" you to the infinite. So they will likely only give you one card if you apply for both.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by beep88
if you apply for aerogold and you qualify for infinite, they "upgrade" you to the infinite. So they will likely only give you one card if you apply for both.
i dont think you will get both.. I applied for Aerogold a while back and they gave me the Infinite. IF you dont already have AMEX, they are giving out 20K
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I can tell you for sure that you'll get the Infinite if you qualify.

I had completed a telephone app a while ago, waited the 60 secs, and was told I was getting the Infinite. I replied I just wanted to the Aerogold (as I was planning to apply for the Infinite later). Got put on hold and was told it wasn't possible. Had to decide whether to drop the entire app or just suck it up and get the Infinite.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I can tell you for sure that you'll get the Infinite if you qualify.

I had completed a telephone app a while ago, waited the 60 secs, and was told I was getting the Infinite. I replied I just wanted to the Aerogold (as I was planning to apply for the Infinite later). Got put on hold and was told it wasn't possible. Had to decide whether to drop the entire app or just suck it up and get the Infinite.
this is kind of stupid.. the reason why they force you to take the Infinite is so they can charged the merchants more.. or so i read.. i guess if you really really want the Aerogold, just put your household income as $50K or something instead of whatever the minimum to qualify for the Infinite
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:27 am

I guess I could put my income at $50K but, from what I understand, each time you do a credit app, your files over at the credit agencies get updated. It might raise some red flags if your income shows a nose dive (which could be perfectly legit) but it might also raise even more red flags when you do some other credit app with your full income again.

Anyways, I agree it's a commission grab but I just *sighed* and accepted the Infinite.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
this is kind of stupid.. the reason why they force you to take the Infinite is so they can charged the merchants more.. or so i read.. i guess if you really really want the Aerogold, just put your household income as $50K or something instead of whatever the minimum to qualify for the Infinite
Agreed, this is just to charge higher rates to merchants. CIBC does not care what your income is, they have no idea what my income is and keep offering to upgrade me to the infinite version.

I only use it as a backup card for work, so do not care to change it so they can get more fees.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I guess I could put my income at $50K but, from what I understand, each time you do a credit app, your files over at the credit agencies get updated. It might raise some red flags if your income shows a nose dive (which could be perfectly legit) but it might also raise even more red flags when you do some other credit app with your full income again.

Anyways, I agree it's a commission grab but I just *sighed* and accepted the Infinite.
Does your credit file contain your income? I have not looked at mine recently, but I do not think it is listed.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by drwilliams
Does your credit file contain your income? I have not looked at mine recently, but I do not think it is listed.
not on the free version with Equifax.. i just got a copy recently
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by drwilliams
Credit files don't contain income reports. Employers don't report to credit agencies only creditors do. The only source of income info to creditors is on the application you make to the creditor (which they may verify), but that is a one time snapshot and doesn't factor (directly) into your credit score.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:35 pm

Right, which is the point I was getting at. Your file gets "updated" with the info you put down in the app. The entity you're trying to get credit with might raise eyebrows if your income magically increases by multiples from the $50K stated from the last app. Not that it would affect you if you're legit, just probably more hoops to jump through.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 1:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
ime.. I had the Aerogold for Business and had the opportunity to apply for an infinite card for 15K points as confirmed with CIBC.. but I lose the account history with the high balance.. because I wanted to cancel my Aerogold..

they transferred my account to Infinite.. but only received 5K points..
Old Jul 30, 2011, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
they transferred my account to Infinite.. but only received 5K points..
If at 1st you don't succeed,try-try-try
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by acysb87
If at 1st you don't succeed,try-try-try
Agreed..

For a couple of years now, I called them up and asked for extra miles annually..

Still.. salt in the wounds..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.