Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 5:57 am
Original Poster

17 May YYZ International 0500-1330
Old May 17, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Over 8 hours in the lounge... Why?
Old May 17, 2011, 6:11 am
Original Poster

i can do some work with coffee, breakfast, lunch...... also i have 2 options, either my wife drop me off first thing in the morning or i can spend 2 hours on public transportation to get to the airport later.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, Goldpassport Platinum, Avis Something, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
i can do some work with coffee, breakfast, lunch...... also i have 2 options, either my wife drop me off first thing in the morning or i can spend 2 hours on public transportation to get to the airport later.
Is AC sending you an invoice for office rent?
Old May 17, 2011, 6:54 am
Original Poster

i believe SPG has sponsored me to use their conference room!
Old May 17, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Now that CATSA has the ability to validate / authenticate boarding passes, I wonder how long before they begin restrict airside access until xx hrs prior to flight time?
--
13F
Old May 17, 2011, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Now that CATSA has the ability to validate / authenticate boarding passes, I wonder how long before they begin restrict airside access until xx hrs prior to flight time?
--
13F
LOL....dunno, all i know is some foreign stations only open their counters 4 hours before departure.....

but there are also other lounges that allow sleeping (SQ/SIN) or massage (TG/BKK) or have a sit down dinner...... ohhh VS the best, hair cut everything.....

anyways.....if anyone need access into the Int'l MLL or would like to meet....msg here.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
--
13F
Highly doubt it, if they wanted to they could have done it before when they manually looked at boarding passes. If wait times were becoming a serious issue maybe, but they've greatly improved in the last while.
Old May 17, 2011, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Santander
Highly doubt it, if they wanted to they could have done it before when they manually looked at boarding passes. If wait times were becoming a serious issue maybe, but they've greatly improved in the last while.
i believe they "may" do it if the building or satellite is close to capacity
Old May 17, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
At YYC, there are very verbose signs up about passengers not being allowed in to the trans-border area more than two hours before departure.

Of course, I've gone in as much as 2h30m before departure while connecting from YEG, so I'm not quite sure what the point of the signs are?
Old May 17, 2011, 8:46 am

I'll be getting there just as you are leaving for an hour or so
Old May 17, 2011, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
I'll be getting there just as you are leaving for an hour or so
i will hang around for a lil longer then.... LOL.....in the SPG room.....
Old May 17, 2011, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Cyan
At YYC, there are very verbose signs up about passengers not being allowed in to the trans-border area more than two hours before departure.
Those banners are up from a year and a half ago when it would routinely take two hours to get through customs/security into the TB area without Nexus. I think it was more of a CBP decision than a CATSA decision.
Old May 17, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Hello from the domestic MLL :-)
Old May 17, 2011, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Over 8 hours in the lounge... Why?
Getting your money's worth?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.