YYC-FRA - Waitlisted for Upgrade

Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC
YYC-FRA - Waitlisted for Upgrade

For upgrades where you are waitlisted, when do you usually know the status of your upgrade request?

I've upgraded successfully with eUpgrades, but I haven't been waitlisted before, so I'm not too sure what to expect.

Thanks for any input anyone has!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
At the gate when the flight closes.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gomurad
At the gate when the flight closes.
Excellent. Thanks! Now I don't have to check every hour anymore!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:53 am

Not always.

I have cleared the waitlist many times on FRA - YYZ and vice versa at the -36 hour mark.

Only once on the YOW - FRA flight did I have to wait for the gate upgrade.

It is worth it to check often now to see if upgrade space is available, especially due to the current eupgrade issues.

Worth plugging it in to expertflyer to keep tabs.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Looks like there is plenty of room (11 seats as of 20:55 today).

So what is the purpose of a waitlist? Looking at aircanada.com, you can't purchase business class for this anymore. Are these seats reserved for some other reasons?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

oooh myyy goooooooooood. My upgrade has been confirmed as of 21:58 today! I'm so excited, this will be my first time in the executive cabin with the pods!

What should I expect? How can I pick my seat? Which seats are better on the 767-300s?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC Elite
All depends on the plane you are on.
But always pick middle of the pack. 6a or around should be good.

enjoy
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by SuperMesh
oooh myyy goooooooooood. My upgrade has been confirmed as of 21:58 today! I'm so excited, this will be my first time in the executive cabin with the pods!
Congrats, YYC->FRA has been my most productive run when it comes to upgrades.

What should I expect? How can I pick my seat? Which seats are better on the 767-300s?
They're all pretty good. My personal favourite seat though is actually the rearmost window, as you have a little shelf, and are a bit more cocooned when lying flat. Unfortunately, these are also usually the first to go, and on that flight the one on the starboard side is reserved for crew rest.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by hjohnson
My personal favourite seat though is actually the rearmost window, as you have a little shelf, and are a bit more cocooned when lying flat.
Be careful, though, if you end up on a 330, row 9 doesn't have a window.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:16 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Be careful: one your experience any type of up front flying, it's very hard to go back!!

It's like that Seinfeld episode when you're looking at all the people up there behind the curtain and you just didn't work hard enough!!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:26 pm

Has anyone ever seen a LMU for YYC-FRA? I did a search on the LMU thread but no results.

Reason I ask is because I'm waitlisted on this flight too and of course, as an upgrade applicant, I won't be privvy to LMUs. That said, there is still J6 R0, so fingers crossed...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Speaking of being spoiled at the front...

<begin airplane snobbery>
I checked expertflyer and they say that seat 9a, although very private, may be bothersome due to the close proximity to the galley... that was the only seat in a that was available... Also, no window is a game changer...

I'm seated in 5f, it seemed to be the most neutral of all of the seats available. I was really hoping for an A seat... bummer...
<end airplane snobbery>

I was really hoping that the upgrade would go through because I was assigned seat 13a... near the front, but close enough to kind of see what's happening in the front. A small tear always breaks when the FA closes the curtain... the suspense of "what are they getting up there? what kind of food is there? are they all sleeping?" bah!!! Sitting up there would have been a tease!

I've got my fingers crossed for you john_doe123123!!!! Hope to see you at the front of the cabin
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperMesh
Speaking of being spoiled at the front...

<begin airplane snobbery>
I checked expertflyer and they say that seat 9a, although very private, may be bothersome due to the close proximity to the galley... that was the only seat in a that was available... Also, no window is a game changer...

I'm seated in 5f, it seemed to be the most neutral of all of the seats available. I was really hoping for an A seat... bummer...
<end airplane snobbery>
Nevermind. I'm on a 767-300. There is no row 9.

That said, I'm taking seat 8A! I'll be going to Spain solo, so this seat would be best. I'd rather have people traveling together to face each other

I'm sort of scatterbrained right now, preparing for my backpacking trip and anxious from my upgrade confirmation!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.