Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Maple Leaf Lounge access with kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Maple Leaf Lounge access with kids

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
Originally Posted by mhodge
Why arrogant? Drunk adults (plus other misbehaving subjects) and screaming children shouldn't be in the lounge. It's easy as that. Or just because it's a child - is everything tolerated?
It is arrogant and also ignorant when someone trying to generelize children to be a screaming machine running around like a little monkey unless it is tamed by their guardians as a father of a small child, I felt offended.

I think we all agree here that the argument is not about children in the lounge, but more to the unacceptable behaviour in general that can disturb other guess; This can be in a form of screaming children in your case (but not for me), people shooting a video or taking pictures of the lounge/cabin for me (but maybe not for you) , etc... anything that can be bothersome for some, but this is completely subjective to each individuals. Unless there is a written rule against or that forbid something from a competent authority, is just your and my 'opinion', and no one cannot apply this subjective opinion as said: "if 'my rule is followed', the we will let you and your children' in"...

Last edited by mraquinas; May 10, 2011 at 1:52 pm
Old May 10, 2011, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
How bout the Amex Aeroplan Plus card.. Family of 4.. everyone can go in on it? or is there a guest charge?
Old May 10, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Ipad: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Spot planes
I brought my kids into MLL all the time when they are travelling with me. They are quiet and well behaved.
I brought mine in to the YUL MLL Transborder on a Monday morning and they weren't well behaved at all.

Last edited by YQMer; May 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm
Old May 10, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
How bout the Amex Aeroplan Plus card.. Family of 4.. everyone can go in on it? or is there a guest charge?
I am not sure about family of 4, but my sister is not an AC elite and she did fly economy last week from yyz to yvr with her 2 years old, they are both given access to the lounge using her Amex Aeroplan Plat.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I will be travelling with my 12year old son later this week with only one lonely solitary lounge certificate between us, having fallen all the way to the bottom from the upper echelon. Is there any chance that they will let us both into the lounge?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
I will be travelling with my 12year old son later this week with only one lonely solitary lounge certificate between us, having fallen all the way to the bottom from the upper echelon. Is there any chance that they will let us both into the lounge?
Unlikely, but there is a chance. If it was a 2 year old son then they might be more lenient but a 12 year old could eat his weight in pretzels if he was allowed free rein.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Aero-something
Originally Posted by Z-man
If they are well behaved and quiet we can let them in.
Originally Posted by mhodge
Or just because it's a child - is everything tolerated?
What is it with you child free types where a simple question from a parent turns into a condescending s--t show?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Spex
What is it with you child free types where a simple question from a parent turns into a condescending s--t show?
You DO realize that you're responding to comments that were posted 3+years ago.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Aero-something
Didn't realize, so thanks for pointing that out.

My comments are still valid though
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Spex
Didn't realize, so thanks for pointing that out.

My comments are still valid though
Maybe they have kids by now
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Spot planes
I brought my kids into MLL all the time when they are travelling with me. They are quiet and well behaved.
Kudos to you then sir because you are in the minority. I know that parents don't have ultimate control over their kids. Babies/toddlers, whatever, they're gonna cry, you can't always help that especially on board, they don't understand why their ears hurt, I get that. But people are often so inconsiderate. I'm not really stuck up and whatever, but why people allow their kids to climb all over the seat, run up and down the aisles, be noisy, cry for no reason (Ie: they have no more juice) etc is really rude. Also, take note of the flight, don't bring a baby on a red-eye...odds are it won't go well, make a better choice unless there's no other options (IE: transpac, which personally I don't think anyone should be taking pets/babies on flights that long).

So thumbs up to you my friend and keep up the quality parenting.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: AC E50K,Delta Gold,Fairmont Plat,HHonor Diamond, PriorityClub Platinum,SPG Gold
Anyone with experience letting kids (14 and 12 years old) to enter the lounge on their own with a guest pass?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: 100K
Originally Posted by achow
Anyone with experience letting kids (14 and 12 years old) to enter the lounge on their own with a guest pass?
the main issue here is that they are underage and unsupervised around alcoholic drinks. last time I witnessed this AC would only let them stay in downstairs part of the lounge at YVR... now that's gone I'm not sure what the policy is.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by achow
Very likely IMO that they wouldn't be let in. I believe AC introduced a policy a few years ago where underage Es/SEs could enter the MLL after signing some paperwork etc., but that's the only exception I'm aware of.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:55 pm

Can infants or small children get in for free when accompanied by someone getting in using an Aeroplan credit card lounge benefit or guest pass ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.