Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Roots Air Postponing YYZ-LAX flight

Old Apr 5, 2001, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

I just got an email from Roots Air, which announced that it will postpone its LAX-YYZ due to the lack of suitable gates and lounges.

Carfield
Old Apr 5, 2001, 10:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
But on the bright side, they are considering redeploying those aircraft for YYZ YEG.
Old Apr 5, 2001, 3:11 pm

Presumably they would have (or should have) had these things sorted out before they announced the route in the first place[?]
Old Apr 6, 2001, 2:39 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
My father bought Roots Air tickets LAX-YYZ for this summer, since they cost several hundred $ less than the majors. How are they handling the ticketed passengers - are they issuing new tickets on other airlines, or are they just giving refunds?
Old Apr 8, 2001, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
A passenger can always get a refund if the carrier ceases to operate.

It will be interesting to see if they agree to endorse--the AC fares are higher, and Roots will lose cash on each and everyone. But as an investment in PR, it's probably worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.