FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Prestige card not Elite card ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1176156-prestige-card-not-elite-card.html)

world888traveler Jan 24, 2011 3:07 pm

Prestige card not Elite card ?

I just received my status card and it shows P. It's weird cause I achieved E status on Dec 8. What gives AP ? On my AP account, I'm confirmed as E, but this card is P.

Should I call AP or wait a while ? If I wait a while, will they send the E card? Maybe benefits selected while I was P are mailed separately of the other benefits selected while E.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

morphius909 Jan 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Somewhat makes sense. Andrew commented that the Prestige packages were mailed last week. Elite packages this week.

Kind of weird though since you technically are Elite.

yyjregular Jan 24, 2011 3:39 pm

It seems like the whole program is a mess logisticaly. I was E last year and just short of E this year and got an email saying I can select my P privileges until Feb 3rd. When I log in the aeroplan site says I have until the 25th of Jan or the default will apply.
I also got the email granting the 10 sorry about the screw up e-credits for E for last year but don't know if they apply to the booking terms of E or P for next year. T+ eligible for E but not P. If E applies for those 10 I can at least get one upgrade on a transcon at T+.
To complicate matters I requested a bump to E back in December and haven't heard anything back yet. I assume P but it would be good to know as I make decisions about a number of upcoming flights.

world888traveler Jan 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by morphius909 (Post 15725867)
Somewhat makes sense. Andrew commented that the Prestige packages were mailed last week. Elite packages this week.

Kind of weird though since you technically are Elite.

Even more weird is the fact that the letter does not contain any date, a post date, nothing. Nothing even on the enveloppe....so maybe this was the first batch from last week and came to my home some days later. Not sure. I can see what privileges I had while I was P....but where the f...are the privileges that I picked as E ? These E privileges are still on my AP account + I still kept the e-mail from the famous Craig Landry welcoming me to the ELITE family.
Did you receive your card yet ?

Hope next week I will get the other letter for the E card + luggage tags, otherwise I have to sort it out with AP or AC...:mad:

world888traveler Jan 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by yyjregular (Post 15726051)
It seems like the whole program is a mess logisticaly. I was E last year and just short of E this year and got an email saying I can select my P privileges until Feb 3rd. When I log in the aeroplan site says I have until the 25th of Jan or the default will apply.
I also got the email granting the 10 sorry about the screw up e-credits for E for last year but don't know if they apply to the booking terms of E or P for next year. T+ eligible for E but not P. If E applies for those 10 I can at least get one upgrade on a transcon at T+.
To complicate matters I requested a bump to E back in December and haven't heard anything back yet. I assume P but it would be good to know as I make decisions about a number of upcoming flights.

I totally agree with you, the whole programm is a mess. You have to keep calling AP until you get what you want.

Would be good to know how many AP members, no matter of what their status is, have switched to another FF programm.

yyjregular Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm still looking at options but if I get bumped to E its sill AC for me. I fall into the 35-60k range and fly 25% short haul domestic 25% Canada transcon and 50% US transcon. Given what I do the E program works well even with the changes. If I don't get bumped up I'll consider moving to United and have been booking flights accordingly already. Just need to change the ff number once a decision is made.

anti_ice Jan 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by world888traveler (Post 15726180)
I totally agree with you, the whole programm is a mess. You have to keep calling AP until you get what you want.

Would be good to know how many AP members, no matter of what their status is, have switched to another FF programm.

I don't think any number of phone calls will get people anywhere near what they *want*. The best you could hope for is the crumbs that they are entitled to this year! ;)

yyjregular Jan 24, 2011 4:56 pm

My strategy so far and I'm sticking to it. The disconect and communication on a number of fronts is what kills me.

global happy traveller Jan 24, 2011 5:25 pm

i guess u will get double benefit this year

world888traveler Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Double benefit from 2 differentvsratus cards ?

global happy traveller Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by world888traveler (Post 15726719)
Double benefit from 2 differentvsratus cards ?

i am guessing "yes"... you get P and E bennies

Shareholder Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Did you get an email acknowledging your Prestige status and did you select Prestige benefits in mid-December? If you passed the Elite mark in December, your new status would only be acknowledged by email in January and you'd be invited to select benefits in the past two weeks. So if you responded to the earlier Prestige invitation to select, that's why you got that package. AC should have locked you out until the January sweep.

Another stupid move by AC since the difference between P and E is 10K there are many who had achieved P in November when the first sweep was made who could well end up with E (as the OP seems to have done). In the meantime, they locked out SEs who were in the 60K-70K range expecting they'd earn 30K-40K more in one month to achieve SE again! Stupid, stupid, stupid AC IT!

global happy traveller Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Ever thought of running AC's IT department SH?

Z-man Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller (Post 15727818)
Ever thought of running AC's IT department SH?

Maybe SH would grant all us FT'ers lifetime SE status??:cool:

2MM_Guy Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Z-man (Post 15727839)
Maybe SH would grant all us FT'ers lifetime SE status??:cool:

If you promise to carry his bags! :D