Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: seating chart LH 495 Calgary to Frankfurt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: seating chart LH 495 Calgary to Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

seating chart LH 495 Calgary to Frankfurt

Back in July 2010 I booked a flight for 4 adults Calgary to Frankfurt. Flight is scheduled to depart April 2011. LH 495 - seats 2D 2G and 3D 3G. Ticketed as Cabin Class - Executive and Fare Type is I. Booking reference is Air Canada and lists the aircraft as 343 whose seating chart shows Executive class as rows 1 thru 5. But, this flight is operated by LH and we must check in with them. I was looking at their aircraft and noted their 343 seating charts are completely different. Could it be possible that one couple will be seated in row 2 of 1st class and the second couple in row 3 (which is the start of business class?) Why would the agent not mention this? I seem to remember using the same amount of points for each seat. Can anyone give me a definite answer as to the type of aircraft and seating chart?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I took a look at Lufthansa's seat map for today's 495 nach Frankfurt. It indeed shows a three class A343 with rows 1-2 assigned to F class

Welcome to FT.

I am curious....how did you manage to snag four I class seats?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:45 pm

LH495 is operated by Lufthansa. Its a Lufthansa Airbus 340-300 aircraft, Air Canada does not operate Airbus 340-300 anymore.

Sometimes Aeroplan assigns some dummy seats just to block them and its up to the operating airline to assign you formalized seats. If you want to change seats or make inquiries, you have to call Lufthansa with your Name, Flight Number, Departure Date.

Based on your description, my best guess is this aircraft configuration for now. But things may change
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Luf...bus_A343_5.php

The other two 343 has rows 1 and 2 as First Class.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airbus320
I took a look at Lufthansa's seat map for today's 495 nach Frankfurt. It indeed shows a three class A343 with rows 1-2 assigned to F class

Welcome to FT.

I am curious....how did you manage to snag four I class seats?
I was lucky enough to have my call answered by a REALLY OUTSTANDING Aeroplan agent. Time and again I have found more options open to me by calling than by only relying on options I can see online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.