Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Occupation of AC Forum members

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: AE, AA
Business owner, Qualitative Market Research consultant, curious guy, advisor of Pharma and Healthcare companies on understanding their customers needs. Old enough to know better!

Most travel is YYZ-YUL.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
P.Eng, Public Safety / Border Security sales to Governments in the Caribbean mostly. 49.9 yrs old. Really.

I was 31 before I crossed over an ocean in a metal tube for the first time. But then I got the bug, and thanks to jobs which provided travel opportunties, I've now been to over 75 countries.
--
13F
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Health Economics student (and professional adventurer )
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by soconn
Not to divert the thread but I've always wondered what those numbers you guys write on my customs card mean... are you just making them up as you go? :-)
It's a code from the first officer you see to the officers taking the cards at the exit and to the officers doing secondary examinations. The codes differ from one day to the next.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by soconn
Not to divert the thread but I've always wondered what those numbers you guys write on my customs card mean... are you just making them up as you go? :-)
Are you referring to the 2-digit number written on the back of the declaration cards?

The port of entry will choose a 1-digit hit number that's different every day. If the officer wants to send you in for a secondary search, they'll use the hit number as the first digit. If you're free to go, they'll randomly choose any other number.

The second digit will signify the reason why the officer sends you in for a secondary search (each digit is something different: undeclared goods, visa issues, etc.) but if the first digit is not the hit number (i.e. you don't get sent into secondary) then the second digit means nothing.

This was right as of a few years ago; anyone feel free to correct me if they now use a different process.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Are you referring to the 2-digit number written on the back of the declaration cards?

The port of entry will choose a 1-digit hit number that's different every day. If the officer wants to send you in for a secondary search, they'll use the hit number as the first digit. If you're free to go, they'll randomly choose any other number.

The second digit will signify the reason why the officer sends you in for a secondary search (each digit is something different: undeclared goods, visa issues, etc.) but if the first digit is not the hit number (i.e. you don't get sent into secondary) then the second digit means nothing.

This was right as of a few years ago; anyone feel free to correct me if they now use a different process.
This is interesting info. Would you happen to know what the letter means in front of the two digit number. I got "R11" the last time I flew back.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:07 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Homerclees
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_

This is interesting info. Would you happen to know what the letter means in front of the two digit number. I got "R11" the last time I flew back.
I'm pretty sure the R means "resident".
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Ahhh...that makes a lot of sense!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:37 am

Apparently we're going for ages as well.. I'm recently 27, or as my wife says, "old"
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
National sales manager....

...for an engineering/manufacturing firm based out of the US.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by rehoult
Apparently we're going for ages as well.. I'm recently 27, or as my wife says, "old"
same here.... must be their biological clock... i feel like i just came out of college
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Surgeon
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by cavitron
Surgeon

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zorn
I consult for evil geniuses on matters such as lair layouts (shark tanks, sharks, lasers attached to sharks, female voiced automated announcements of unfolding stages of evil plan, etc.) and HR matters (such as, where to get all the workers for the lair?). I am 11 years old.
Great^ My occupation is Babysitter

I am a partner in a manufacturing business.

I tell everyone I am 85 years old.The typical response is that I look really good for my age. ;-)
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: AC Elite
Business development-exports (Finance & Insurance)

Age...uhh hmmm okay 49.75 to be exact!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.