Air Canada VIP Service

Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Question Air Canada VIP Service

Some months ago i saw a memo at the jazz CS counter in YVR with a small photo of a black card (not Super Elite) with the red air canada logo at the top and plain white letters, in the form: "VIP" on it. The memo looked quite ratty and old so I had dismissed it at the time as a past program. However, just yesterday on a flight from DEN to MCO a gentleman travelling with his family was sporting such a luggage tag on his carry on. I didn't have the opportunity to ask him about it during the flight or afterwars, but sure wish I did.

Doing a search on google, ect. returns little for Air Canada VIP Service other than a new website: http://www.aircanadavip.com/en/

Does anyone have any idea what this program is? or any information about it. is it perhaps something like United's Global Services. It appears to be invitation only.

JR
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many years ago, there was a VIP program for Deputy Ministers, Ministers, Members of Parliament, Legislature, etc-IIRC the designator was "VIP" perhaps this? Or maybe a new GS/HON level program?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: AC 75K
The VIP website can only be accessed with an eligible Aeroplan number (my AP# is not eligible), making it an element of the FF program. Sounds like the Air Canada Global Services Concierge Key Courtesy Card program is very close.

Has anyone received an invitation?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
I am scarlet with rage and demand transparency now!

How do I qualify? How do I requalify? I spend $X on Air Canada. How come I haven't been invited? How many eUpgrade credits will VIPs get?

Air Canada has been strangely silent on this thread now for over 28 minutes. Of course, Canadians always accept being screwed around like this, so I expect nothing to change.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:28 am

Slash the FFP to provide this service to members of their secret society... Do they get little rings with a skull on it? Does the ring make the pop machine function without inserting the correct change? Do they have a secret handshake or sign?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zorn
How do I qualify? How do I requalify? I spend $X on Air Canada. How come I haven't been invited? How many eUpgrade credits will VIPs get?
Do lets not over react quite yet, we have no clue at this point that it is a 'revenue' qualification program, or what it provides at all.

If we're to have any hope in hearing from Andrew or Ben about this, we'll all need to play nice.

Remember: Honey not Vineger

JR
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AC 75K
Let the speculation reign free!

To qualify:
- $50 k min spend per calendar year to qualify
- eligible fare classes: M, B, Y, C, Z, J

Perks:
- eight million eUpgrade credits
- transfer from home to departure airport provided (subway tokens or bus passes)
- 105% bonus Aeroplan miles
- personally monogrammed seatbelt extender
- personal baggage allowance: 15 suitcases
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
Do lets not over react quite yet, we have no clue at this point that it is a 'revenue' qualification program, or what it provides at all.

If we're to have any hope in hearing from Andrew or Ben about this, we'll all need to play nice.

Remember: Honey not Vineger

JR
Welcome to FT. Don't worry, you've not been here long enough to know about zorn's special brand of humour.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Well here I am sitting in the YYZ Domestic lounge and thought I raise the question to the Loung Attendants here, non of the ladies had heard of or seen these tags or the program...

For those Conspiracy Therorists out there I see these ladies a few times a week here and know them all well, they aren't hiding something.

Further, the website I supplied above seems to have been registered and created in June of this year (2010). So it is fairly recent, whatever it is.

JR
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told VIP printed on a boarding pass means 'do not deplane' when the flight is oversold. This sounds WAY better tho, with a website and EVERYTHING!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zorn
I am scarlet with rage and demand transparency now!

Air Canada has been strangely silent on this thread now for over 28 minutes. Of course, Canadians always accept being screwed around like this, so I expect nothing to change.
,good one zorn.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wasn't there a certain Flyertalker with VIP on their boarding passes ?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
I was told VIP printed on a boarding pass means 'do not deplane' when the flight is oversold. This sounds WAY better tho, with a website and EVERYTHING!
'do not deplane' that sounds pretty cool, thats a sure fire way to have unlimited status miles. you could just keep flying and flying and never be allowed to get off the plane, EVER.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LMAO! Maybe you could get to spend the night in the hanger, like that UK lawyer ended up doing (nearly).
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe any TA would know about AC's VIP program. But of course they are under contractual obligation to keep the thing confidential.

Same thing possibly happening to people who qualify (or qualified in the past), including I suspect some who are active on FT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.