Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trip interruption experience - CIBC Aerogold Infinite Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip interruption experience - CIBC Aerogold Infinite Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:44 pm

I had an equally great experiance with CIBC Visa with their collision rental car insurance. Rented car in Orlando, pickup car at midnight, too dark too see all bumps and scratches. Apparently I missed noteing one dent (most rental cars there tend to have dents and scratches), later got a bill from Alamo for more than $500. Called CIBC Visa, they said they would handle it all and to fax them all the documents. That was the last I ever heard of the matter. They also warned me to watch my credit card statement and if the rental company put any charges on it to call them and they would undo the charges.

Hard to beat that type of excellent service!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, CX Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jeffdoucette
They were also fabulous when I was stuck in CDG during the April volcano fiasco.
I thought their trip interruption only covers sickness/injury or death of immediate family?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
A couple of years ago I had to cancel a trip and made a claim on an RBC policy (not a CC coverage). I threw in the Aeroplan cancelation fee, not really expecting them to pay, but to their credit they did, no questions asked.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
The Scotiabank Scotiagold Passport offers the best travel insurance that I've found:
Travel medical insurance for up to 31 days if under 65
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Insurance
Rental Car Collision Insurance
Lost Luggage and Delayed Luggage Insurance
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance

Problem for me is that I'm working in the US for the foreseeable future so I wouldn't be covered for any of that - since it seems in most insurance policies a covered trip must originate from Canada. Would be nice to see a US CC with benefits that good.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Yes the CIBC Infinite Aerogold is a great card.

Just got back from California with the family, and not only did I get bonus points from Aeroplan, but also was covered for Trip Interruption and Car Rental Coverage. It really does save a lot of coin, otherwise you end up paying a hundred backs to AAA/CAA for Trip insurance and 30 bucks for LDW, etc.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
Thumbs up

After all the bad customer service posts and comments that are endless on FT, it's good to hear stories like this. It makes the $120 annual fee worth considering again. I dumped by CIBC Aerogold a few years ago!

Thanks for sharing YP!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by turtleisland
The Scotiabank Scotiagold Passport offers the best travel insurance that I've found:
Travel medical insurance for up to 31 days if under 65
Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Insurance
Rental Car Collision Insurance
Lost Luggage and Delayed Luggage Insurance
Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance

Problem for me is that I'm working in the US for the foreseeable future so I wouldn't be covered for any of that - since it seems in most insurance policies a covered trip must originate from Canada. Would be nice to see a US CC with benefits that good.
The extended warranty benefit is one I miss on the visa, but for big purchases we use our Amex Platnium from costco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.