FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New TD Lounge at YUL? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1139203-new-td-lounge-yul.html)

MaxGraham Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm

New TD Lounge at YUL?

Has anyone skipped the Maple leaf lounge at YUL or YYZ and used the TD lounge? apparently it's free if you have a TD Travel Visa.
thanks

lcohen999 Oct 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I believe the TD Lounge is only in the International Area in YUL and I don't think they have one in YYZ...

will5404 Oct 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Could TD really afford to run the lounge only for their own card holders? There certainly no AMEX.

I'd be interested in the size/offerings of the lounge.

mikeyyz Oct 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it's a re-branded Plaza Premium lounge... it's average with some basic snacks. I popped in for a peek last year when I had a TD Visa and don't remember anything memorable...

tomh009 Oct 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz (Post 14989063)
I think it's a re-branded Plaza Premium lounge... it's average with some basic snacks. I popped in for a peek last year when I had a TD Visa and don't remember anything memorable...

It's operated by Servisair. Haven't been to YUL in a while so haven't seen it for myself.

Vaclav Oct 22, 2010 6:21 am

It's a nice lounge close to gate 53 at YUL international.

You can access it with the eligible TD Visa, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, direct payment (about $35) or by invitation (airlines like BA that do not have a lounge there).

What is offered as food and beverage is nothing spectacular, though. The lounge is very quiet and a good alternative if the MLL near gate 52 is too crowded with all eligible pax of AC, LX and LH.

why fly Oct 22, 2010 10:44 am

Competition! what a great idea... I hope this works for TD!

Shareholder Oct 22, 2010 11:41 am

So this is not a TD Lounge but a Servisair Lounge open to various eligible cardholders, including Priority Pass and American Express Plat. But which TD cards?

Vaclav Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 14993686)
So this is not a TD Lounge but a Servisair Lounge open to various eligible cardholders, including Priority Pass and American Express Plat. But which TD cards?

It looks like it is TD Infinite Plat. They keep pushing that product right in front.

sofasurfer Oct 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Vaclav (Post 14994415)
It looks like it is TD Infinite Plat. They keep pushing that product right in front.

There is no "TD Infinite Plat" - but there is:

- TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card
- TD Platinum Travel Visa Card

Both of which seem to offer a 20% and 15% discount respectively on PP membership. Can't see anything on the site wrt these "TD Lounges" that the OP refers to.

Is this only at YUL? Definitly no YYZ equivalent?

tomh009 Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Definitely no YYZ equivalent.

FlyerGoldII Oct 24, 2010 7:03 am

I hope that such an "AMEX" lounge opens up in the domestic departures concourse of YUL, to provide competition to MLL.

At YYZ, there are such "AMEX" lounges in all 3 sections - domestic, transborder, and international, of both terminal buildings.