AC Suggestion Box

Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AC Suggestion Box

AC has clearly indicated that it is keen on improving the quality of its product...to wit the thread on FF feedback on the AC flight experience. AC has also demonstrated strong interest to receive feedback

I am wondering if there is AC forum interest in participating in the creation of a suggestion box to improve the quality of the AC product.

The rules would be simple.

This is not a b!tching forum but a collective constructive effort to point out areas for continous improvement.

Suggestions could be made point form in an easy to read format for AC to peruse and ponder. In other words, no rants, no diatribes about poor service...only pointing out FF challenges dealing with AC.

If this meets group approval and this thread has traction, perhaps the mods would consider making it a sticky for easy access.

I will start the ball rolling in this thread's next post.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Delta Gold
I'm in, and agree to the rules
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Other airline fare class on AC codeshare

It is presently very difficult to discover what fareclass on a Star A partner is the AC codeshare displayed.

As AC codeshare flown on other *A airlines accrue status miles differently, it is presently very challenging to know what fareclass SQ, UA et al. the AC codeshare maps out to the other airline.

Solution: Make the AC codeshare transparent at booking eg T+ equals Xfareclass on SQ or S on UA or Z on TG. This would eliminate the unpleasant surprise that an AC codeshare on XYZ star partner earns zero status miles.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:55 pm

If they want suggestions then allow more bonus points on J and Z class tickets. 125% and 150% is too low. It should be 150% and 200%.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Make it easier to manage seat selection/changes when flying on AC but on a codeshare ticket through another *A partner.

A couple bad experiences trying to manage what should be an easy, web-based transaction to pick/change seats and I now avoid AC codeshare flights and my money goes elsewhere.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*E
- improve aeroplan reward ticket search functionality - the current search feature is too clunky and inaccurate (when using the month calendar availability feature)
- allow more selections for connecting flights when booking on aircanada.com (e.g. when I book flights to Europe, sometimes I can choose to go through MUC instead of FRA, sometimes MUC is not listed as an option, though I know the flights are still available)
- allow the 'display only upgradeable fares' to be selectable on both the outbound and inbound flights (e.g. in case I only need an M/U fare in one direction)
- limit the on-board announcements to French and English.
- bring back (personal sized) bottled water in the MLL
- realize that people who order the vegetarian meal aren't only interested in ultra healthy food (when I order the vegetarian meal (i.e. not the vegan option), I always get a whole wheat roll and margarine instead of a white roll with butter)
- put your best FAs in the J cabin. Level of service in J is inconsistent and should not be.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Validity Period of Upgrade Certs

Make the upgrade certs valid for one year from date of issuance.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Mouse...

I would like to use my wireless mouse (typically Blue Tooth) when in-flight.

As we all know, this is against the current rules. I respectively request that the current rules be reviewed...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Delta Gold
- I second the wireless mouse suggestion.
- Allow PDA cell phone use after landing, during taxi
- Revisit PA announcements during ART (recurrent training). Encourage SDs to not announce out loud what is already covered during the safety briefing. Keep PA announcements to a minimum.
- Have maintenance staff periodicaly check the volume level on the PA system so that it is not too loud.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Have a way that I can access all bookings associated with my Aeroplan # (i.e. aircanada.com bookings, Aeroplan bookings and AC Flight Pass bookings) without having to load and toggle through three separate windows.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN SE
I would also like to see a definitive way to figure out the mileage accrual status of purchases I make from AC involving an AC codeshare flights operated by a partner airline.

Last year I missed crossing the 150k threshold when a TG flight turned out to translate to a non accruing fare class despite being described as a TangoPlus fare category by AC.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC S100K / AC-2MM
Fix the flight pass seat selection to permit booking of the preferred seats. I use flight passes extensively and cannot book a "preferred" seat at the time of booking even as SE. They all appear to be occupied, even though this is not the case.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Please allow me to take photos on the plane (especially in J)

Please allow me to take photos in the lounge
(as a corollary, please send the lounge maids in YVR domestic for some re-education on permitting an AC*E to take photos of the shower)
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:35 pm

Make Upgrade Certs electronic!!!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Stop raising fares just before a sale starts, so that the discount you get is actually not a discount. Eg, fares to SFO were averaging at 159 o/w and thne when the Visa 15% sale was intoduced the fares went upt o 178.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.