Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight report and feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:01 am
Suspended

Good trip

Flying hgk yvr. And onward to yow yesterday (dec 9)

Crews were fantastic. Meal was (alright). Went around with ice cream on the yvr yow (in the dead of winter, but ok, it's the thought that counts). 777 HD Coffins seemed clean and in working condition. Bathrooms were refreshed throughout the flight.

It's a start...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:37 pm

Route: YYZ-YVR
Date: a few days ago ...
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...200Z/CYYZ/CYVR
Flight #: AC103
Depart: 07:32
Arrive: 09:08
Equipment: B788
Cabin: J
Seat: 4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKfq6KEles

Pre departure

Was check in quick and efficient? Had to wait about 10 minutes, only three agents on duty
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? yes, but security not too busy when arrived, got through in about 10 minutes
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Yes - nice to have more than ’continental’ breakfast (but crowded at this time)
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? no delay

Onboard - J cabin:

Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? delay due to de icing, no announcement
Was the IFE activated on the ground? yes
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? no, not offered
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Yes, in the air
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) approx 45 minutes
How was the quality of all the meals? I got my selection: omelette rubbery and tasteless, chicken sausage not much better, fruit o.k.
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes

Summary
_______

The load was 20/20 in J. Service was good and arrival was on time despite delay for de icing. My bags had priority tags and were among the first bags out. Overall, an enjoyable AC flight free of incident. Enjoyed the 'Dreamliner'.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
AC877 today sucked

Because the crew was cold. I mean, 本当に冷たかったですよ。
SD and the rest of the J crew (except for one of the younger newbie overlly eager FAs - thank goodness he was there) were just Farrah Frowners and Debbie Downers the whole time. Typical tray plunking attitude. Always felt as if I was bothering them if I asked for something to drink mid-flight. (no meal order by service as well - lucky I got what I wanted)

Also, if you are the German buffoon (yeah, I added German because he said he was) in J who kept on blocking the FA from having the door opened to deplane - I just wanted to let you know that you're an idiot. She asked you to move out of the way for a reason. I'm glad you weren't ready for the surprise Passport control up deplaning, you loser. Also, I was standing in that area first and there was no need to step in front of me, you jerk. That's why I gave the FA space.

CREW =
Aircraft Cleanliness = ^^^
Landing = pretty darn smooth
Some of the J pax = idiots
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Recent low load TATL J

Several of my recent TATLs have gone out 40% to 67% full.

Most recently March 26 810 11/23 and March 30 811 13/22.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
no fuss flights YYG-HKG

March 31-April 2 YYG-YUL-YYZ (overnight at the Four Points)-HKG was absolutely uneventful. Nothing to see here, folks; move along!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
This seemed as good of place as any to post this article seen & noted online:

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2015/...-buenos-aires/

Flight Review: Air Canada Business Class from Buenos Aires
Old May 11, 2015, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
rapidair

On a YYZ YOW flight right now. FAs complained about 1 to 50. Fine. But BoB wasn't complete and the SD said not enough time to gather our garbage. First for me. 5* airline? Please. Asked us pleebs to put our crap in the seat pocket. Really? Classy, real classy.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Really bad thread title as it's not really a "Rapidair" issue it' more a YOW-YYZ and 1:50 rule issue. Maybe this should be moved to the 1:50 thread instead.

I've seen this happen on the YYZ-YUL missions as well - when flight time was reduced due to turbulence and the fasten seat belt sign was off for maybe 20 minutes total.

It happens - what can you do, it's a pretty short flight.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jaysona
Really bad thread title as it's not really a "Rapidair" issue it' more a YOW-YYZ and 1:50 rule issue. Maybe this should be moved to the 1:50 thread instead.

I've seen this happen on the YYZ-YUL missions as well - when flight time was reduced due to turbulence and the fasten seat belt sign was off for maybe 20 minutes total.

It happens - what can you do, it's a pretty short flight.
Agreed. The 1:50 was the issue. Guess its never happened to me before
Old May 12, 2015, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Agreed. The 1:50 was the issue. Guess its never happened to me before
That has never, ever happened to me before... even when they used to serve full on bkfast with a full J cabin. Oh wait, were you in Y?
Old May 13, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
On a YYZ YOW flight right now. FAs complained about 1 to 50. Fine. But BoB wasn't complete and the SD said not enough time to gather our garbage. First for me. 5* airline? Please. Asked us pleebs to put our crap in the seat pocket. Really? Classy, real classy.
Sounds about normal for this route. I couldn't help but notice that the service was pretty slow. I think if they gave the cans away in Y instead of insisting on pouring them into cups, it would make things go a lot faster.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by guessaaa
Sounds about normal for this route. I couldn't help but notice that the service was pretty slow. I think if they gave the cans away in Y instead of insisting on pouring them into cups, it would make things go a lot faster.
Wow. I guess that has just never happened to me. Oh well, flying YOW YYZ on Friday will report back.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That has never, ever happened to me before... even when they used to serve full on bkfast with a full J cabin. Oh wait, were you in Y?
Yes
Old May 13, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Bingo!

Ditto...and (luckily) am also rarely, if ever, in Y on this route.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
AC 3 May 21

YVR-NRT. Was on the Dreamliner in J. New product is very good. Seats were fully adjustable (I did notice some food pieces/crumbs by the window), entertainment system quite decent. Very nice hard product overall IMO. The Service from the Vancouver based crew was just awesome. It was clear they they were proud of the new plane and genuinely wanted the passengers to feel welcome and comfortable. Made you wish the flight was actually longer than 9hrs. How do let AC know we were pleased with the service? They have an online comment form, but I think it has not been updated since 2005!
Old May 22, 2015, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jordanD
YVR-NRT. Was on the Dreamliner in J. New product is very good. Seats were fully adjustable (I did notice some food pieces/crumbs by the window), entertainment system quite decent. Very nice hard product overall IMO. The Service from the Vancouver based crew was just awesome. It was clear they they were proud of the new plane and genuinely wanted the passengers to feel welcome and comfortable. Made you wish the flight was actually longer than 9hrs. How do let AC know we were pleased with the service? They have an online comment form, but I think it has not been updated since 2005!
Use that form. Select "commendation".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.