Flight report and feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:56 am

Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 166 / YVR-YOW
Date: August 3, 2010
Cabin: Y

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Yes
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? Not eligible
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Not applicable
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? There was a short delay due to late arrival of aircraft. Gate attendant provided timely updates.

Onboard - Y cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? There was a delay due to thunderstorms in the area around YOW. The pilot provided timely updates.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin? 20 minutes maybe.
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe? OK, though it seemed strange that AC considers a 9:55 am take-off a breakfast flight (hot food option = Harvey's breakfast sandwich, Quizno's flatbread pizza not available), especially considering that we were heading into a three-hour time change. I would have preferred the lunch option, other passengers seemed to be asking for the same.
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? Yes

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? It took 25 minutes at YOW airport.

Overall experience/any other comments
Pleasant flight overall, though we had hoped for a new set of August movies vs. movies available on our outgoing flight in late July (i.e., same movies again)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:42 pm

Flight/Origin-Destination: YYZ-ORD
Date: 2010-08-06
Cabin: J (1A)

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient?: Yes, reprinted BPs @ the Kiosk. Wish the AE card had RFID that the Kiosk could read so I didn't have to dig it out, just mash my bag against the machine...
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? It saved me 4 people in the queue. The security screener made no effort to assign people to the shortest lines. It was like an IKEA checkout really...
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient ? Yes, 2nd PAX on board. F/A greating PAX did a good job, despite a rude J PAX interupting boarding to hang coats for other J PAX as he thought this should be done immediately, even though it held up ALL of the Y PAX
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? Updates were timely, but inconsistent. Please STOP using jargon when telling us what's wrong. Most people don't know what "sequencing" is just tell us some ...... no-showed the flight and now their bags have to be taken off, which requires the removal of almost everyone else's bags.

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes.
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? See above.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? No
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Water was offered. The F/A was very busy managing the delay and boarding, a second staff member would have been useful.
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? Wasn't obviously carrying one, but the F/A didn't ask either.
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? No meal on this flight, news papers offered while still on the gaye.
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yes, it was extremely hot (not necessarily a bad thing), perhaps due to the extended delay?
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) From seat belt sign off until top of decent.
How was the quality of all the meals? The cheese plate was good, could use 4 crackers instead of 3
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? N/A, only had my drink just prior to decent.

Last edited by dcottom; Aug 8, 2010 at 4:17 pm
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC1193 YYZ-YYJ
Date: 6 August 2010
Cabin: J

Pre-Departure
Was check in quick and efficient?
I checked in at YOW. My checkin was quite quick, but the 2 people in front of me took their sweet time.

Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient?

I didn't notice if there was priority security at YOW. There was no line so it didn't matter anyways. I was quick, but the person in front of me didn't understand what a liquid or a metal was.

Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient?
Yes.

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed?
Yes.

If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
Minimal delay, and an update was provided.

Was the IFE activated on the ground?

Yes.

Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
No

Did crew offer to hang your jacket?

Too warm to have a jacket!

Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
Newspapers and menus were distributed on the ground. The meal order was taken at the same time the snack and drinks were offered.

Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service?
Yes.

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)

I wasn't paying attention to the duration, but the crew came by frequently enough for top-ups and tray removal.

How was the quality of all the meals?

I was happy with the salmon.

Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?
During the meal service, yes. My bread was also topped up. Following meal service they came by occasionally. It was frequent enough for me.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time?
Yes.

Upon arrival in YYJ, the arrivals board indicated the flight arrived on time which is did not. It wasn't until waiting at the baggage carousel that the arrival time was adjusted to indicate a late arrival.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:33 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Thanks all for the amazing feedback so far. Please keep them coming on a regular basis as they will be put to very good use.

yyzgigi, yes, we would like to hear about QK as well.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: meh
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC602 YYZ-YHZ
Date: Aug 9 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? N/A connected
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? N/A
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? N/A not enough time
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? N/A

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? N/A
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes, OJ/water
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? N/A, but did for other passengers
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Newspaper offered, no menu distributed, order taken after takeoff. Order was taken as "Would you like chive omelettes or waffles and syrup?" I finished 1/2 of meal prior to first airborne order for beverage was taken. The FA arrived with a carton of OJ and asked if I wanted "Tea, Coffee or OJ?" This felt like I was riding the QK Dash8 from YEG-YYC instead of a mainline flight. I asked for milk and it was delivered just before I finished the meal.
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) Approximately 45 minutes
How was the quality of all the meals? Good (omelette)
Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? No. Once meal trays were cleared (approx 45 min into flight) the FAs disappeared into galley until 2-3 minutes prior to commencing decent. They offered water to J at this time.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? N/A

The service of the meals and beverages was just lazy. One pass through the cabin for drinks after the meal was served and then not again until decent was about to start is not acceptable on a 2 hour flight. I fly this flight every week and usually see 3+ refills of my beverage of choice. The thinly veiled attempt to limit beverage choice by asking if you wanted one of three was not appreciated either.

When deplaning the J class FA was prattling on in the ear of the SD as we all walked by. The SD acknowledged our deplaning but the FA completely ignored us as she stood there blabbering on about something.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: Just a kettle now :)
Flight/Origin-Destination: YVR-YYZ
Date: August 8, 2010

Pre departure
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? Didn't use, was eligible, but security was moving so fast that it wasn't a concern, anyway. Took me about 60 seconds, I think.
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? No, didn't use.
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes, and yes.
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? No delay.

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? No delay
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? N/A
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Newspapers & menus distributed on the ground, meal orders taken after the seatbelt sign was turned off.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? An hour, thereabouts.
How was the quality of all the meals? Satisfactory
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? No.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Yes.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC Elite, Marriot Silver
Flight: 018 HKG>YVR
Date: Monday, August 9, 2010

PRE DEPARTURE

-Yes

Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient?
-N/A

-Yes

If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates?
-N/A

ONBOARD - J CABIN

-Yes

-N/A

-N/A

Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
-Yes

Did crew offer to hang your jacket?
-N/A

Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
- Newspapers, menus, and meal orders taken in the air. Meal orders taken on the ground -- this time it looked by status

Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service?
- Yes

Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)
- 1.5 hours

How was the quality of all the meals?
- Lamb Shank -- Good, the smoked duck was good as well
- Omelette -- Good

Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?
-Yes

POST DEPARTURE

- Yes

OVERALL EXPERIENCE / ANY OTHER COMMENTS

- Seamless experience, our second experience in International Executive First.

- Bought duty free goods on board -- no problems noted

- FA Yvonne and EF flight crew was very accommodating and joyful in taking care of us when my wife and I weren't able to sit together because of another passenger's more urgent requests. Yvonne did try hard to sit us together, but the flight was completely packed.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 1162 YVR-YYZ
Date: Jul 31/10

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Y
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? NA
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Check-in fine--didn't eat or drink
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Y / Y
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? NA

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Y
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? NA
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Y; needed reboot x 1 in-flight (my seat only)
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Y
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? NA
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Y / Y / in the air and by status
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Y
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) didn't pay attention
How was the quality of all the meals? Average
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Y

Onboard - Y cabin:
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin?
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe?
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight?

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Collected checked baggage in YQT - priority bags out last

Overall experience/any other comments good crew--in-charge was particularly good
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 147 YYZ-YVR
Date: Aug 8/10

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Y; checked in at YQT
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? NA
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? NA (short transit in YYZ)
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Y
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? NA

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Y
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? NA
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Y
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Y
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? NA
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Y / Y / in the air and not by status
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Y
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) again, didn't notice
How was the quality of all the meals? Average appetizer, good main (chicken with saskatoon berry sauce)
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Y

Onboard - Y cabin:
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin?
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe?
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight?

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Y

Overall experience/any other comments Very good crew--professional, pleasant, efficient
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 178YEG-YYZ
Date: 08/10/10

Pre departure
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? Didn't Use
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? NA
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? Boarding was timely.

Onboard - J cabin:
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Yes 35min delay
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? Yes
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? Meals orders took place immediately after take off. They took SE Status first and then rest of cabin.
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) 45min or so
How was the quality of all the meals? Average
Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes (Wine stinks)

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? NA

Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Flight/Origin-Destination: YWG-YYC
Date: 8/11/10
Cabin: Executive

Pre departure
No. Hecked baggage so never went to check in agents.
N/A
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks?
Used both YWG and YYC MLL. Decent breakfast selection. Please get some decent coffee though, Van Houtte should be banned dorm advertising what comes out of the machines as coffee
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates?

Onboard - J cabin:
No menus. I never got my order taken, I was simply served the omlette. Seemed a bit weird to not even be asked about it than just have it arrive. Newspapers were handed out.

Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? Yea
About 1 hour 15 mins or so
How was the quality of all the meals? Very good
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes

Post departure
Didn't check baggage

Overall experience/any other comments[/QUOTE]
Service was good, but not as polished as other times. No greetings by name or anything. FA's were fairly attentive though so not a major issue.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC511 YYZ-ORD
Date: Friday August 06, 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? Yes and yes. Used OLCI at 24 hour window, no baggage to check, went directly to US Customs/Immigration using NEXUS.
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? Yes, less than 8 minutes.
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Agent gave me flight status "on time" and welcomed me.
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes, but things were very rushed due to the delay.
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? No delay on board. Found out about delay at gate when I went to pre-board. Waited over 1 hour at gate with no updates, except the ever changing display board behind the counter which displayed the creeping delay.

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Very much so.
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? More so from the cabin crew and captain and not the gate agents.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes, as soon as I was on board it was available.
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? Yes, both were offered, only water was on tray.
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? N/A, but one man who tried to do this during the rush boarding was told to wait until everyone was on. Man proceeded to ignore FA and block the aisle while he hung his own coat.
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? N/A
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) Immediately after 10,000 ft.
How was the quality of all the meals? Adequate for short flight.
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? N/A, carry on only.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC512 ORD-YYZ
Date: Sunday August 08, 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? OLCI at 24 hour window. No issues.
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? Used CO's "Elite" lane at T2 with no issues, less than 5 minute wait. Regular lines were very long.
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? N/A, but MLL's put the RCC to shame.
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes, but served no purpose if one did not jump into the pre-board line immediately as the back of the plane was called immediately after the "status" announcement.
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? No delay.

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes.
Was the IFE activated on the ground? Yes.
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? NO!
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? N/A, due to length of flight. Drink orders were taken prior to take off.
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? NO!
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) Immediately at 10,000 ft.
How was the quality of all the meals? Same as outbound flight. This is too bad since it is a little repetitive.
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? Yes.

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? N/A

Overall experience/any other comments. It was too bad we didn't get the hot towels, especially since the snack was best eaten with fingers. There was no choice in red wine, but what was available was satisfactory.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Flight/Origin-Destination: IAH-YYZ
Date: Aug 12, 2010

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? online - yes
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? n/a
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? n/a
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? yes
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? n/a

Onboard - J cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? yes
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? n/a
Was the IFE activated on the ground? yes
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground? yes (rare for Jazz flights)
Did crew offer to hang your jacket? n/a
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)? no newspapers or menus. Meal orders taken after snack service (by status)
Did crew offer a hot towel prior to the meal service? yes
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected) about 1 hour
How was the quality of all the meals? chicken couscous -- very good, by favorite cold meal; only complaint is the plastic bag bun that is always dry and tasteless.
Did the cabin crew continuously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight? yes

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? n/a

The in charge and other FA were very professional and provided extraordinary service. This is the first time on a Jazz flight that I saw J service close to AC service standards. Both the in charge FA and other FA were great. In fact the second FA filled out the flight number on the Customs card for every passenger. A little touch, but very appreciated and something I have never seen on any flight before.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Flight/Origin-Destination: AC 8350 YVR-YYF
Date: August 12, 2010
Cabin: Y

Pre departure
Did you use priority security (if eligible) and if so, was it quick and efficient? yes and Yes
Did you use the Maple Leaf lounge and if so, any feedback in regards to service, food and drinks? Yes, breakfast offerings sufficed and were typical of what is offered
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient? Yes but did not use.
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? N/A

Onboard - Y cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? FA Rob. Yes
Was the IFE activated on the ground? N/A
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin? Within ten mins.
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe? Typical of short Jazz flights.
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? Once over and above snack service.

Post departure

Overall experience/any other comments: This is the first flight of the day for this aircraft. As such the pilots need to cycle the props and test cabin/emergency lighting. This can cause concern for some pax. The pilot of the day, made an announcement of this happenings in advance to ward off any concern. I am frequently on first flights of the day (first for either plane or crew) and these announcements are not made that often. When they are not made I sometimes here concerns from pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.