Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 10, 10, 11:34 am   #481
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckccan View Post
I received another update that they are somewhat overwhelmed with requests.

For reference, the official query mailbox (I assume I am allowed to share!) is:

[email]ACMillionMile@Aeroplan.com[/email Ckc
They will be even more swamped now.
airbus320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 10, 12:50 pm   #482

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K.
Quote:
For reference, the official query mailbox
Thanks! Have sent in my email and immediately received an auto-response. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
This is an automated response. Your e-mail has been successfully received.

Thank you for your e-mail. Please allow one week for us to respond to your inquiry.
RCyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 10, 10:35 am   #483

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
I got my box about a month ago and until now was unaware of the Flyertalk community (go figure!).

Now aiming for 2MM - about 70K away. I am interested if anyone got the 2MM package.
2MM_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 10, 10:43 am   #484
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to the forum.

And congratulations on the imminent milestone.
Old Sep 12, 10, 11:48 am   #485
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
[quote=ckccan;14630934]Not easy for this SE. I emailed Super Elite and the responded that only Aeroplan has this info.

I emailed Aeroplan and they told me it is an Air Canada program and they can't help me.QUOTE]

Classic ........ so sad... and to think you are AC best customer.
why fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 10, 12:04 pm   #486

2MM_Guy, welcome to FT and congratulations on your achievement.
mileageking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 10, 12:07 pm   #487

[quote=why fly;14643967]
Quote:
Not easy for this SE. I emailed Super Elite and the responded that only Aeroplan has this info.

I emailed Aeroplan and they told me it is an Air Canada program and they can't help me.QUOTE]

I'm a SE and called aeroplan. They gave me the info right away and had no issues.
mileageking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 10, 1:32 pm   #488
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by why fly View Post

I guess EEEWWWWWEEEEEHHHHHH never has issues.
Old Sep 12, 10, 1:43 pm   #489
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCyyz View Post
Thanks! Have sent in my email and immediately received an auto-response. We'll see what happens.
I sent a message 2 days ago and did not receive an auto reply yet.
Old Sep 12, 10, 7:36 pm   #490
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus320 View Post
I sent a message 2 days ago and did not receive an auto reply yet.
Winnipeg and auto reply?hmmmm
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:34 am   #491

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I'm actually surprised by what a big impact this unpublished benefit is having on my own short, medium and long-term planning with regards to travel. Over the past several years I have hit 100+ k (often 120k or 130k) and stopped due to the lack of compelling reasons to stick with AC. Diversification seemed a better choice, especially given the clawback in SE benefits and general deterioration in the top tier program. The threshold gifts were a nice benefit, but not significant enough to sway my travel decisions on their own.

Now I find myself looking at 200k this year (and next) in flight pass activity alone, and thinking through how to pick up another 100k to max out the threshold gifts on the way to lifetime elite status. This allows me to fantasize about picking up 300k per year for the next 8 years in a row to hit the 3MM SE lifetime awared

This is precisely the type of aspirational award that can provide powerful motivation for a certain segment of the travelling population that has the capacity to pick and choose their carrier. Many of us will try (and fall short) of the goal, but the fact that there is a very attractive reward sitting just out of reach is a strong motivator. The situation is somewhat akin to Virgin Atlantic offering space travel as an aspirational award, even though 99.99999% of the travelling public will never hit anywhere near the required threshold.

Hats off to Air Canada for creating the first strong motivation I have felt since I first started breaking into the SE ranks four years ago. Let's keep it going by publishing the full details of this benefit with the 2011 program announcement in December.

SG

Last edited by Snow Goose; Sep 13, 10 at 12:07 pm.
Snow Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 12:31 pm   #492

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
[quote=1K+;14644057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by why fly View Post

I'm a SE and called aeroplan. They gave me the info right away and had no issues.
I tried that with no success, and was toldnto send an email....

It will definitely impact my choice of carriers and likely shift mre to AC metal where I might have flown a partner before.
ckccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 12:50 pm   #493

Programs: ACMM, AC*S100K, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0823 View Post
I sent off a note to AC Super Elite requesting my current mileage, and here is their response:

"Thank you for your email.

Our records indicate you accumulated 3,404,786 miles since you joined Aeroplan. Out of those, 1,573,227 miles were awarded for flights taken with Aeroplan airline partners, specifically 1,188,248 miles from flights taken with Air Canada. Kindly note that Aeroplanís database includes flights taken on Air Canada Jazz with flights taken on other airlines while those on Air Canada are tabulated separately. We trust this information will be helpful and look forward to serving you again.

Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

Regards,

Marc Brunet
Aeroplan - Customer Service Representative"

Based on this information, I would assume that I have qualifed for the 1MM. Does anyone know when the next mailings will start? I read from a prior post that mailings may begin late September, but can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Dave
Last week I had contacted Aeroplan and was told to send a note to Customer Service Delivery at Aeroplan to determine if I qualified for the 1 MM recognition. Today I received the following reply:

"Dear Mr. xxxxxx,
These fields provide a guideline, but are not in fact the exact fields used to determine qualification for the Million Mile program. Please direct your query directly to acmillionmile@aeroplan.com for an exact amount.

The Million Mile Program will be fulfilling packages for qualifying members over the next several weeks and they will be in touch with you directly if you have qualified.

Best Regards

Nicole Elmaleh
Information Maintenance Manager
Airports"

If you request your mileage, why do they only provide you with a guideline, and not be the actual mileage?
dave0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 1:01 pm   #494

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave0823 View Post

If you request your mileage, why do they only provide you with a guideline, and not be the actual mileage?
I think the answer lies in the fact that they are not yet providing combined Air Canada / Jazz / Flight Pass mileage totals. Hence, if you have 920k Air Canada miles and 1.2k Star mileage, there is no way of easily determining whether you are over or under the million mile threshold. Therefore, their correspondance is purely guidance.

However, clearly someone CAN in fact determine the correct total (perhaps manually) in order to send out the kits.

SG
Old Sep 13, 10, 1:49 pm   #495

Programs: ACMM, AC*S100K, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose View Post
I think the answer lies in the fact that they are not yet providing combined Air Canada / Jazz / Flight Pass mileage totals. Hence, if you have 920k Air Canada miles and 1.2k Star mileage, there is no way of easily determining whether you are over or under the million mile threshold. Therefore, their correspondance is purely guidance.

However, clearly someone CAN in fact determine the correct total (perhaps manually) in order to send out the kits.

SG
Are you saying those miles specifically taken from flights with Air Canada also include Jazz? If so, wouldn't Air Canada Jazz flights count towards eligibility?
dave0823 is offline   Reply With Quote