Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the button holes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:46 pm

They must be reading FT-- AC 133 had napkins with buttonholes today--wow--the power of FTers!!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Mozzarella
There was a thread about this a few weeks back but I can't seem to find it now. Its too bad - saved a few dress shirts with the button hole!
Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought so as well but was also able to track down that thread.
On Parnel's board.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Thanks MG - I wasn't going crazy.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Finding the same thing on UA. Some napkins have the button hole, increasingly more do not. Sad development but as demonstrated here, most people were seldom even aware of them, or what they were for. Ah for those days when the front cabin was the front cabin and people knew what fine dining could be like, even at 30K feet!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bring back the carved roast beef!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Finding the same thing on UA. Some napkins have the button hole, increasingly more do not. Sad development but as demonstrated here, most people were seldom even aware of them, or what they were for. Ah for those days when the front cabin was the front cabin and people knew what fine dining could be like, even at 30K feet!
While I don't necessarily disagree with your overall thesis, I've never really associated attaching one's napkin to one's shirt with 'fine dining'. Thin end of the wedge for wearing a bib, really.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Ah for those days when the front cabin was the front cabin and people knew what fine dining could be like, even at 30K feet!
Excuse me. Do you have any Grey Poupon?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:09 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
They are being used as tablecloths on Asia routes (15 YYZ-HKG last week; 032 PEK-YYZ yesterday). I was surprised the first time and assumed it was a mistake either in what was boarded or by the service crew. But twice in a week on two routes suggests otherwise. Oh, and the napkins DID NOT have button holes
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:46 am

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
Unfortunately I have not seen any button hole napkins during the last month or so. I travel mainly in domestic J and now must resort to tucking the napkin inside my shirt collar to protect my shirt from the ravages of the oversauced beef and oil and vinegar salad dressing. Please bring back the hole!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Smile Keep the Button Hole

I think the button hole in the Napkin is a great idea. I would like to see AC keep it in service.

In fact... When I go to a (ground based) restaurant, say in Toronto, I find myself rotating the napkin and looking for the "button hole". The only people who know what I am doing (and conversely do not think I am challenged )... are fellow Frequent Flyers.

Last edited by Jim007; Oct 26, 2010 at 8:00 am Reason: Just... (be)cause.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Jim007
I think the button hole in the Napkin is a great idea. I would like to see AC keep it in service.

In fact... When I go to a (ground based) restaurant, say in Toronto, I find myself rotating the napkin and looking for the "button hole". The only people who know what I am doing (and conversely do not think I am challenged )... are fellow Frequent Flyers.
i just make my own if there is not one.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE (+1MM)
Cool

Originally Posted by mkjr
i just make my own if there is not one.
That is pretty easy when the Napkins are made of paper, which is the case at that famous Scottish Restaurant (aka "The Golden Arches")...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My last J trip this year YYZ YVR I had the button holes.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
YYZ - PVG and PEK - YYZ I only had the button hole once. But the table cloth had it twice.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC*E, SPG Platinum/Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
Perhaps this issue should be asked about in Andrew's flight report and feedback thread:

Onboard - J cabin:
Did your napkin have a button hole?
Do you know what a button hole is used for?
So then why did you still spill vinaigrette on your shirt?

Onboard - Y cabin:
Did you rip up your copy of EnRoute and use it as a bib?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.