Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
can you even fit LAX in without having a south asia destination like TPE as the turn?

the north asia MPMs like for ICN, PEK, etc, seem to be usually in the 8.5K range, while routing YYZ to north asia thru LAX and TPE will go over 9.5K
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Originally Posted by crimsona
What month did you book for? Didn't think there was BR J available much?
Nov 25
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Cerenity
can you even fit LAX in without having a south asia destination like TPE as the turn?

the north asia MPMs like for ICN, PEK, etc, seem to be usually in the 8.5K range, while routing YYZ to north asia thru LAX and TPE will go over 9.5K
If I would go through LAX, the whole trip will then involve either SIN, BKK OR HKG.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
What? I enjoy booing Air Canada, and have never been charged a fee before!
Was on a treadmill, so I guess it is reasonable lol.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Should probably make a post in the official tracking thread for my third Mini-RTW

YVR-NRT AC J (my first 787 flight!)
NRT-CTS NH Y
Stop
CTS-TPE BR Y (watching for J almost every day)
TPE-CDG BR J
O/J
GVA-ZRH LX J
ZRH-YUL LX J
YUL-YVR AC J

I get double Hello Kitty jet action too!
150k and $425.01 in Aeroscams + AP.com sucks fee.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
YVR-AC-YEG-UA-ORD-UA-BRU-LH-MUC-JP-LJU
LJU-TK-IST
IST-OZ-ICN-BR-TPE-BR-YVR
Called AE. A few days later I get a call back.....

YVR-AC-YYC-AC-FRA-LH-MUC-JP-LJU
LJU-TK-IST
IST-OZ-ICN-AC-YVR

No additional charges.
I've never met a schedule change I didn't like!

Now routed YVR-AC-LHR-LH-FRA-JP-LJU etc......
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:30 am

i've rebooked on TK IST-YUL, 2 Js, and YUL-YYZ, 1J+1Y for now, to be switched later. the itinerary netted a $150 refund, but cost $100 to change, so $50 savings

looks like this now

AC J, YYZ-YVR
AC J, YVR-ICN (turn)
AC J, ICN-PEK (stop 1)
TK J, PEK-IST (stop 2)
TK J, IST-YUL
AC J, YUL-YYZ (fiancee is booked in Y but we'll look to change it once another seat opens)

overall cost was $402 after change fees & booking fees, but could have been $300 if i booked it in one go. not a big deal tho.
they emailed me about a small change in the itinerary (YYZ-YVR flight arrives a bit later than originally indicated and also the plane changed from 777 to A320) and I called in to ask if I can change the flight without the change fee. They approved it and moved me to the 8:00am flight on 777-300. Judging by the flights, the early morning flights probably will stay as 777s (probably more business travelers at that time vs the original 10am flight)

90 min in YVR is probably okay if the flight is on time, but 1. i didnt want to risk a late YYZ-YVR flight ruining the TPAC flight. 2. flying 5 hours on a A320 sucks.

honestly i wasnt expecting them to allow me to change it but just figured i'd call in to try.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:32 am

they emailed me about a small change in the itinerary (YYZ-YVR flight arrives a bit later than originally indicated and also the plane changed from 777 to A320) and I called in to ask if I can change the flight without the change fee. They approved it and moved me to the 8:00am flight on 777-300. Judging by the flights, the early morning flights probably will stay as 777s (probably more business travelers at that time vs the original 10am flight)

90 min in YVR is probably okay if the flight is on time, but 1. i didnt want to risk a late YYZ-YVR flight ruining the TPAC flight. 2. flying 5 hours on a A320 sucks.

honestly i wasnt expecting them to allow me to change it but just figured i'd call in to try.
YYC-YUL-ZRH-BRU-....
I also received an itinerary change to my trip next year in Arpil. First segment is few minutes early and 3rd segment ZRH-BRU is changed to an earlier flight, probably the one we were on was canceled. Only 120 minutes between connection now which I assume is enough. YYC-YUL is in Y for now. I wonder if that constitutes a reason to ask for an upgrade on the first leg?

At least early notification unlike other times finding out on my own by checking on line every so often.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
YYC-YUL-ZRH-BRU-....
I also received an itinerary change to my trip next year in Arpil. First segment is few minutes early and 3rd segment ZRH-BRU is changed to an earlier flight, probably the one we were on was canceled. Only 120 minutes between connection now which I assume is enough. YYC-YUL is in Y for now. I wonder if that constitutes a reason to ask for an upgrade on the first leg?

At least early notification unlike other times finding out on my own by checking on line every so often.
from what they told me: if you pay J points, then you can change any leg which didnt have J and was thus booked in Y, to J, without the change fee, once availability opens up

not sure if i misunderstood your situation but if you were booked in Y for just that leg (for a J reward) then you dont need a reason (like itinerary change) to upgrade to J :P
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:27 am

from what they told me: if you pay J points, then you can change any leg which didnt have J and was thus booked in Y, to J, without the change fee, once availability opens up

not sure if i misunderstood your situation but if you were booked in Y for just that leg (for a J reward) then you dont need a reason (like itinerary change) to upgrade to J :P
I know but can I push them to change that without me seeing the availability???
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Booked for next year April-May, all flights in J

YYZ-WAW on LOT 788 (4hr layover)
WAW-CDG on LOT (stopover)
CDG-PEK on CA (1 night in Beijing)
PEK-NRT on NH (stopover)
NRT-PVG on NH 788 (stopover)
PVG-YYZ on AC

Planning on changing the return leg to PVG-TPE-YYZ on BR once it opens up to avoid some scam charge and enjoy some food in Taipei.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: Lowly ACP25K
Figured I'd contribute the itinerary I booked last summer. Was able to dump most of the fuel surcharges by going through this mess of UA flights at the end.

YUL-YYZ AC
YYZ-TPE BR (24h stop)
TPE-BKK TG (24h stop)
BKK-SGN TG (stopover)
SGN-SIN SQ (24h stop)
SIN-CGK SQ (stopover)
CGK-CAI MS (stopover - flight was cancelled, got a free business upgrade via CGK-ICN-IST-CAI)
CAI-LHR MS
LHR-IAD UA
IAD-EWR UA
EWR-YUL UA (last two were rebooked on a direct IAD-YUL thanks to a very helpful UA agent)

Total: 90k aeroplan + $349.17 taxes.

All in economy except that free upgrade going into Cairo. Equivalent ticket on ITA was $6,000+. These mini-RTW's are excellent value!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K
How exactly do you guys book these? Even a simple itinerary like

yvr-fra-hkg-yvr shows up as exceeds maximum mileage?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this on a single reward?

depart anywhere on West Coast
> Berlin (STOP) or anywhere in Germany would be ok.
> HKG (STOP / turnaround)
back to anywhere on West Coast?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by cairo604

you might be a little late to the game. see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-oct-29-a.html

i'd call aeroplan to find out the MPM between the city pairs of your trip (YVR-HKG) and then go from there.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by cairo604

Originally Posted by w000t
you might be a little late to the game. see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-oct-29-a.html

i'd call aeroplan to find out the MPM between the city pairs of your trip (YVR-HKG) and then go from there.

If you add an additional 24hr stopover somewhere in Asia between FRA & HKG (say BKK or SIN) it may work though as your MPM from YVR would be higher for those 2 destinations. You would need to call in to book those though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.