Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
Success on November 2014 booking, pretty much grabbing the last J seats TATL on LO & SN. My first intl AE booking, which probably might not even count for mini-RTW as it doesn't go around the world....

YYC-YYZ AC J(stop)
YYZ-WAW LO J (7h)
WAW-BRU LO J (dest)
BRU-JFK SN J (stop)
JFK-YYZ AC J
YYZ-YYC AC J

Was denied BWI-YYZ instead of JFK-YYZ as that would be open jaw + stop ??? Valid or invalid claim by Agent?
Taxes $300. + $30 phone booking.

I don't mind much that I didn't get my open jaw. Looks like work will most likely want me to fly somewhere else in the US (but hard to guess where at this point) anyway after my JFK time. I believe that stop in JFK + OJ as in not returning to YYC would violate rules anyway so didn't push that.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:01 pm

Why would BWI be valid? BWI would be valid with DCA/IAD under WAS but not JFK/EWR/LGA under NYC.... AE is not US :P
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
My bad. I thought OJ = stop with a city change. It seemed quite pointless to me to want to make an OJ without a stop, although I guess people have found use for it. That makes it obviously correct to deny BWI.

Some more bookings and I'll figure this out entirely.... Collecting miles is a lot easier than spending them optimally!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
just booked this for my fiancee and I for next Aug/Sept, all J except 1 seat from IST-YYZ that they said i can call back and change once it opens up

YYZ-YVR-ICN (77W, 788, AC, turn)
ICN-PEK (A330, CA, stop 1)
PEK-IST (777, TK, stop 2)
IST-YYZ (763, AC)

total taxes/fees were $417 per person + $34 booking fee

the tax/fee is a lot lower than what i was expecting. I thought IST-YYZ on AC would be really expensive but seems like no YQ was charged for that leg? I must have understood when YQ is charged incorrectly :P

i may rebook at some point to shift the dates into Sept, avoid some of the hotter days, but at least now we secured something!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:30 am

If you want access to the big TK lounge I believe you'll need to be actually on TK, otherwise you'll be routed to another Star lounge.

IST-YUL should have a ton of space, flies 3x a week
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
If you want access to the big TK lounge I believe you'll need to be actually on TK, otherwise you'll be routed to another Star lounge.

IST-YUL should have a ton of space, flies 3x a week
Sounds like its worth consideration at least. Even the Aeroplan agent was saying how she heard there is an amazing lounge in IST.

Its the route i wanted initially, but 2 things going against it at the moment.

1. i've been seeing limited availability for YUL-YYZ this far out, even in economy. not sure whats going on there. maybe just temporary until more seats release later on

2. I feel the timing is also a bit better on the AC flight. TK flight leaves late + connection in YUL = arrive in YYZ much later than the AC flight.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Cerenity
Sounds like its worth consideration at least. Even the Aeroplan agent was saying how she heard there is an amazing lounge in IST.

Its the route i wanted initially, but 2 things going against it at the moment.

1. i've been seeing limited availability for YUL-YYZ this far out, even in economy. not sure whats going on there. maybe just temporary until more seats release later on

2. I feel the timing is also a bit better on the AC flight. TK flight leaves late + connection in YUL = arrive in YYZ much later than the AC flight.
TK significantly better than AC IMO, def. worth the change...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:12 am

I've been to the TK lounge since it expanded to 2 floors - I'd definitely take it over AC, especially if you can get some YQ back (although it doesn't seem like you were dinged oddly)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
just booked this for my fiancee and I for next Aug/Sept, all J except 1 seat from IST-YYZ that they said i can call back and change once it opens up

YYZ-YVR-ICN (77W, 788, AC, turn)
ICN-PEK (A330, CA, stop 1)
PEK-IST (777, TK, stop 2)
IST-YYZ (763, AC)

total taxes/fees were $417 per person + $34 booking fee

the tax/fee is a lot lower than what i was expecting. I thought IST-YYZ on AC would be really expensive but seems like no YQ was charged for that leg? I must have understood when YQ is charged incorrectly :P

i may rebook at some point to shift the dates into Sept, avoid some of the hotter days, but at least now we secured something!
Your YQ was charged for ICN or PEK-YYZ - that is only about ~$150 per direction vs the IST YQ that is $400+.
Its a little scam Air Canada has going, charging for the entire route, not by segment, usually it works out for them, but sometimes, like in your case, it works against them.

I echo the others - there is just no comparison between TK and AC - even with the YUL connection - this is a no brainer. And you will save some YQ.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:16 pm

thanks guys.

i'm seeing 1 J open YUL-YYZ at 7pm, and 1 Y open. i'll probably take those tonight and try to rebook on IST-YUL TK, once the TK seats open up, and then wait for another J to open on YUL-YYZ. worst case I'll just sit in Y and let the fiancee enjoy J. only 1 hour anyway.

hope 1.5 hrs is enough buffer for a connection after a TATL
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:34 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
thanks guys.

i'm seeing 1 J open YUL-YYZ at 7pm, and 1 Y open. i'll probably take those tonight and try to rebook on IST-YUL TK, once the TK seats open up, and then wait for another J to open on YUL-YYZ. worst case I'll just sit in Y and let the fiancee enjoy J. only 1 hour anyway.

hope 1.5 hrs is enough buffer for a connection after a TATL
I have a J reward (YUL-YYZ-WAW-IST-YUL) with YUL-YYZ in Y (I tacked it on after, was almost as expensive as the J YYZ-WAW segment YQ wise...), I am pretty sure I will survive the 45 minutes Rapidair in Y
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:42 am

i've rebooked on TK IST-YUL, 2 Js, and YUL-YYZ, 1J+1Y for now, to be switched later. the itinerary netted a $150 refund, but cost $100 to change, so $50 savings

looks like this now

AC J, YYZ-YVR
AC J, YVR-ICN (turn)
AC J, ICN-PEK (stop 1)
TK J, PEK-IST (stop 2)
TK J, IST-YUL
AC J, YUL-YYZ (fiancee is booked in Y but we'll look to change it once another seat opens)

overall cost was $402 after change fees & booking fees, but could have been $300 if i booked it in one go. not a big deal tho.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Booked yesterday,
AC J YOW-YYZ
BR J YYZ-TPE
BR J TPE-KIX(turn)
CA J KIX-PEK(s1)
TK J PEK-IST(s2)
TK J IST- YUL
AC Y YUL-YOW

Originally, I wanted to try out the hello kitty long haul from LAX, but BR has discontinued a and switched kitty plane for CDG. While no seat is open for my travel date, l settled as above with $154 in taxes and YQ, plus booking fee.

As a se, I can also enhance it once for free!

Last edited by allanyong; Sep 26, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:01 am

What month did you book for? Didn't think there was BR J available much?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by allanyong
plus booing fee.
What? I enjoy booing Air Canada, and have never been charged a fee before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.