Mini RTW Questions

Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by echino
I see Y only on NH and everywhere else.
Looking through the ANA site I don't see it either, but using Award.Flights, as the other person was as well, it shows. I guess it's an issue with Award.Flights itself.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
Originally Posted by echino
No, NH shows 3 business seats. As do Aeroplan, United and Lifemiles.
Hmmm - agree - when searching ANA directly it does show 3. award.flights shows 6 (and even 8 seats) - so I suspect it may be a problem with award.fights interface then. I guess I will need to find another way to search
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:51 am

Change from Y to J without fee

Sorry for all the ?s - hoping to book soon.
If I book an itinerary in J, but get one segment (or more) in Y and a seat in J later becomes available, can I call in and get that seat without a change or call centre fee?

I imagine if a J seat becomes available on the same leg, but a different date, I would need to pay a change fee?

thanks
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by dlld2341
If I book an itinerary in J, but get one segment (or more) in Y and a seat in J later becomes available, can I call in and get that seat without a change or call centre fee?

I imagine if a J seat becomes available on the same leg, but a different date, I would need to pay a change fee?

thanks
Correct for both. And just to add, it must be the same flight on the same day. An earlier or later flight on the same day is equivalent to a flight on a completely different day in terms of having to pay the change fee
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:05 am

awesome, thanks
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AE dDiamond, AC Prestige
Can anyone tell me if this routing is valid?

YYZ-TPE (STOP)
TPE-IST-ZAG (STOP)
ZAG-VIE (STOP)
VIE-ORD-YYZ

I understand the city pair mileage for YYZ-TPE is 10544. Checking great circle mapper the total mileage is 18787, but the routing after TPE adds up to 11271. Are there any published routes in this that might work in my favour?

Should I just call?

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DeanV

YYZ-TPE (STOP)
TPE-IST-ZAG (STOP)
ZAG-VIE (STOP)
VIE-ORD-YYZ

I understand the city pair mileage for YYZ-TPE is 10544. Checking great circle mapper the total mileage is 18787, but the routing after TPE adds up to 11271. Are there any published routes in this that might work in my favour?

Should I just call?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, AE no longer uses published routings to validate bookings.

Since your routing is over AE's internal MPM, your itinerary would unfortunately not be bookable.

In fact, most routings between TPE and YYZ via Europe will be invalid. However, you can fix that by adding a stopover in SIN (or elsewhere in South East Asia) and eliminating one stop in Europe.

E.g. YYZ-TPEx-SINx-IST-VIEx-ORD-YYZ would be valid.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by DeanV

YYZ-TPE (STOP)
TPE-IST-ZAG (STOP)
ZAG-VIE (STOP)
VIE-ORD-YYZ

Should I just call?

Thanks!
If you can find availability on the direct VIE-YYZ flight, that should bring you just a hair under the MPM.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AE dDiamond, AC Prestige
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unfortunately, AE no longer uses published routings to validate bookings.

Since your routing is over AE's internal MPM, your itinerary would unfortunately not be bookable.

In fact, most routings between TPE and YYZ via Europe will be invalid. However, you can fix that by adding a stopover in SIN (or elsewhere in South East Asia) and eliminating one stop in Europe.

E.g. YYZ-TPEx-SINx-IST-VIEx-ORD-YYZ would be valid.
Thanks for the help. I ended up calling in to try it anyway and as expected the computer wouldn't validate it. The agent and I tried a few things and we ended up dropping the stopover in VIE (which sucks, but gives us more time in Croatia). We're travelling with a 3 year old and a 5 month old, so we want to try and stay in one place for a week at a time (which is much less aggressive than our first mini-rtw that we did with our first son at 5 months - Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, and Japan). Here's the final itinerary:

YYZ-TPE (BR J 77W) Stop
TPE-IST-ZAG (TK J 77W/320) Stop
ZAG-MUC-YYZ (OU Y DH4 / LH J 333)

150,000 miles pp (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant)
Taxes, fees, surcharges: $411.26 pp plus the booking fee (couldn't get the booking to complete online, and had to use two AE accounts).

If anyone has any advice on visiting Taiwan and Croatia (places to stay, what to see/do [family friendly]) etc. that would be very much appreciated! We're probably going to maximize our use of airbnb. Also, tips for the airlines/flight numbers/seat selection are also welcome!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:12 pm

For mRTW to Taiwan, I always had to use HKG as my destination (for greater MPM)
or some other "cheating/direct" routes like BR's AMS/VIE-BKK-TPE (but system only counts VIE-TPE MPM)
e.g. I was able to book YYZ-BRU-NCE,stop, NCE-(BKK)-TPE,stop, TPE-YYZ all online
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Need Help from the Experts to SQ F

Thai International TG471
Departs : Thu Oct 19 08:00 Bangkok (BKK)
Arrives : Thu Oct 19 21:00 Sydney Kingsford (SYD)
First Class O Flight Duration : 9h

Total travel time : 9h
FLIGHT 3 Sydney Kingsford (SYD) Singapore Changi (SIN) Tue Oct 24, 2017

Singapore Airlines SQ252
Departs : Tue Oct 24 14:00 Sydney Kingsford (SYD)
Arrives : Tue Oct 24 19:15 Singapore Changi (SIN)
Business Class I Flight Duration : 8h 15 min

Total travel time : 8h 15 min

the agent said there is no F available at the moment for SYD-SIN. if availble I can upgrade to F anyone know what is the timeframe SQ release those F seats? thanks in advance
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by alpenrock
Thai International TG471

Singapore Airlines SQ252

the agent said there is no F available at the moment for SYD-SIN. if availble I can upgrade to F anyone know what is the timeframe SQ release those F seats? thanks in advance
SQ252 typically uses a Boeing 777-200, which are not configured with First Class.

So outside of an aircraft swap, you won't see it released at all.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by alpenrock
Thai International TG471

Singapore Airlines SQ252

Never. The highest available to Aeroplan on planes with first class to Australia is economy. regional planes with available business class seats to Aeroplan do not have first class
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by dlld2341
YQ and Taxes will be recalculated, which may result in a charge or refund.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:18 am

Booked the following routing:
YEG-YYC-YVR (overnight) Dec 19
YVR-SFO-IST-CGK (overnight) Dec 20-22
SIN-ZRH-LHR-YVR-YYC (overnight) Dec 30-31
YYC-YEG Jan 1

Combination of AC, TK, and LX all J (expect for YEG-YYC flights) for 3 people around $700/person in fees/taxes.

Do you think it is worth trying to get rid of the AC flight from LHR-YVR to save on fuel surcharge? That flight alone is worth around $500 in fees. I cannot seem to find anything around those dates for TPAC flights. I still need to get flights to/from DPS. I have found IST-MNL (stop) then MNL-SIN-DPS. Anyone know if that is legal routing?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.