Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Sign in using an external account

Old May 11, 10, 11:50 am   #1

Programs: AC*SE, DL/SM, AA
Question Anyone has the Short-Haul flight chart list ??

Aeroplan use to have a chart where you could see if YUL-xxx was SHORT-HAUL or LONG-HAUL ... Cannot find it anymore ??

Where can I get this information ?
Old May 11, 10, 12:40 pm   #2
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
2014 Elections

Short Haul Regions\Destinations?
Old May 11, 10, 12:43 pm   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
I want to find out what is considered short-haul from YUL for Aeroplan (15,000 points) and what is considered long-haul (25,000) ...
Old May 11, 10, 12:51 pm   #4
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
2014 Elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World View Post
I want to find out what is considered short-haul from YUL for Aeroplan (15,000 points) and what is considered long-haul (25,000) ...
I know so read the thread as another FTer asked exactly the same question in the thread I linked. I replied that the topic had also come up in another thread, which if you click through is here:

AC flight award

shorter answer is the new award chart doesn't show the short haul routes so you either have to try dummy bookings to test or call AP as nobody has found an online chart for this level.
Old May 11, 10, 2:26 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcook052 View Post
I know so read the thread as another FTer asked exactly the same question in the thread I linked. I replied that the topic had also come up in another thread, which if you click through is here:

AC flight award

shorter answer is the new award chart doesn't show the short haul routes so you either have to try dummy bookings to test or call AP as nobody has found an online chart for this level.
Sorry missed that link!!

I wonder why they would remove the list of destinations at 15,000 mi from the Aeroplan website ... Because I remember that they were some great deals such as YGR for 15,000 miles when a ticket is close to 1,000$ ...
Old May 11, 10, 4:59 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald & Sapphire; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Ambassador; CarlsonConcierge; AirMilesGold
Basic rule of thumb is your adjacent province(s)/state(s), though in the west both Washington and Oregon qualify from BC and Alberta, and for Onatrio and Quebec US states down to DC and around the Great Lakes where AC flies.
Shareholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 10, 6:19 pm   #7
2014 Elections

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold
There was a time when you could book YYZ-ATL as a 15,000 mile round trip short haul award, but I haven't tried for a while, so don't know if it's still possible.

bj-21.
blackjack-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 10, 7:53 pm   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack-21 View Post
There was a time when you could book YYZ-ATL as a 15,000 mile round trip short haul award, but I haven't tried for a while, so don't know if it's still possible.

bj-21.
Just tried and it's possible YUL-ATL for 15,000 mi.
Old May 11, 10, 8:47 pm   #9

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World View Post
I wonder why they would remove the list of destinations at 15,000 mi from the Aeroplan website ... Because I remember that they were some great deals such as YGR for 15,000 miles when a ticket is close to 1,000$ ...
The best deal that I can think of is YOW-YFB for 15K in Y ($1600) and 25K in J ($3100)

I have a YYZ-YOW-YFB ticket booked at 25K in J. My friend wanted to book the same itinerary and now AP wants 40K.

So previously, Ontario to Nunavut was short haul. Now, only Ottawa to Nunavut is considered short haul. Other places in Ontario to Nunavut is now considered long haul. So AP sneakily changed the rule on us!
Old Jun 8, 10, 8:51 am   #10

Programs: AC*P, A4*S, AS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post
The best deal that I can think of is YOW-YFB for 15K in Y ($1600) and 25K in J ($3100)

I have a YYZ-YOW-YFB ticket booked at 25K in J. My friend wanted to book the same itinerary and now AP wants 40K.

So previously, Ontario to Nunavut was short haul. Now, only Ottawa to Nunavut is considered short haul. Other places in Ontario to Nunavut is now considered long haul. So AP sneakily changed the rule on us!
Any idea if it's 15K in Y to all of Nunavut (i.e., with 7F or 5T) from YOW, or only YOW-YFB?
jonnyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 10, 8:55 am   #11

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyow View Post
Any idea if it's 15K in Y to all of Nunavut (i.e., with 7F or 5T) from YOW, or only YOW-YFB?
Only YOW-YFB on 7F, 5T, or AC(QK)

Before, it was from All of Ontario to YFB only.
Old Jun 8, 10, 4:35 pm   #12

Programs: AC*S100K; Delta P+, Marriott Gold; Fairmont Plat.; NEXUS
YUL to anywhere in Atlantic provinces is also 15,000 in Y / 25,000 in J. YUL - YYT is a good deal at that amount (IMO).
YQMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 10, 12:30 am   #13

Programs: UA, AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post

Not true. When I did it in 2002, the short haul chart said specifically only from YOW. And only to YFB. Anything beyond on either end bumped it up to 25K.
rawilliam is offline   Reply With Quote