Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Definitive rules for priority security lines at YYZ for AC status flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member

So this was the press release on the topic:

Introducing the Pearson Priority Security Lane

Sponsored by American Express and Air Canada, the Priority Security Lanes are now available at most pre-board security screening points in Terminal 1. The lanes can be accessed by American Express Platinum and Aeroplan Plus cardholders, and Air Canada’s Executive, Executive First, Super Elite and Elite customers travelling in any class of service.

In addition to Air Canada, Lufthansa, Alitalia, and United Airlines have joined the program and will begin offering the service to their passengers. The GTAA is working with other airlines in Terminals 1 and 3 to expand the program.

Though the screening process will remain the same, the new priority lanes will offer passengers expedited access to the post-security area.

The next to last paragraph suggests that Star Alliance airlines were also planning to be a part of this program. Did this ever happen? Should be be able to use this line as a *G?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Here's a thread from last year but it seems that pretty much anyone can walk up haha. Or it's rarely ever really faster than the regular line.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...unced-yyz.html
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tkyoshi
Here's a thread from last year but it seems that pretty much anyone can walk up haha. Or it's rarely ever really faster than the regular line.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...unced-yyz.html
Not the last time I was through there . . .

Does anyone know the status of *G access to the Pearson Priority Lanes?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by elitefreak
The next to last paragraph suggests that Star Alliance airlines were also planning to be a part of this program. Did this ever happen? Should be be able to use this line as a *G?
The priority line is often slower than the regular line, because that's where YYZ also sends those with special needs (wheelchairs, elderly, etc... ) to clear security. If there's no line visible in the regular line, I'll usually take that instead.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Dropped daughter Lev off at YYZ T1 last night and she had two choices:
- Priority Line
- Handicapped line

Since she was neither, we figured she would not be allowed to pass through but she somehow managed.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:21 pm

Welcome to YYZ.

Were these the guys manning the security stations?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Not the last time I was through there . . .

Does anyone know the status of *G access to the Pearson Priority Lanes?
I'm not sure if you're flying continental to YYZ, in which case I believe they're still flying out of T3 (aka the non *A terminal)
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveTO
I'm not sure if you're flying continental to YYZ, in which case I believe they're still flying out of T3 (aka the non *A terminal)
Yes I am a CO Plat, but I fly AC to YYZ because of much nicer planes, IFE, and the amazing MLL.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Welcome to YYZ.

Were these the guys manning the security stations?
Don't you mean these guys? http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Vogons
Old May 21, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
I just went through the lane this morning - I'm a United 1k flying First class to Chicago, and was informed by a very rude lady manning the lane, that ONLY Air Canada elite/first-class and American Express holders were allowed through.

She went on to say that they do not recognize the Star Alliance for this program and there is no priority lane for them in US departures, T1
Old May 21, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mbrayleyberger
I just went through the lane this morning - I'm a United 1k flying First class to Chicago, and was informed by a very rude lady manning the lane, that ONLY Air Canada elite/first-class and American Express holders were allowed through.

She went on to say that they do not recognize the Star Alliance for this program and there is no priority lane for them in US departures, T1
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with Pearson security. I hope that the delay wasn't too bad...
Old May 21, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan

If this is really the case (and I don't know if it is) than how is it any different from UA restricting free access to UA 1K members only? If it's not the case, than AC owes someone an apology.
Old May 21, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite

I had a similar experience. I had my United First boarding pass in my hand (and my AC Elite card in my wallet in my bag) and asked the Priority Dragon if United First is allowed to use the priority line.

She said only AC elites and Amex are allowed, so ugggggggh had to open my bag to get my wallet to open it to pull out my AC*E card.

Considering that the Pearson Priority line is an initiative by AC and Amex, it would make sense that the line should be limited only to members of these two programs.

Plus, "Priority Airport Security" isn't a *G benefit yet. Now if UA would adhere to the Star Alliance rules that say *G get priority boarding with the biz class people and let us use the red carpet to board ....
Old May 21, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Last week when I went through they were looking for AP*E & SE and were saying Elite/Super Elite. So it was for Air Canada only. I am OK with this as UA restricts stuff to us including priority boarding!
Old May 21, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Consider yourself lucky. I used the priority line this afternoon and it led directly into those damn new body scanners which took an additional 10 minutes. Line moved very slowly. This was my first transborder experience since January at YYZ and I plan to fly from BUF rather than go through this annoy and insulting security procedure again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.