FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1050009-purser-flirted-girl-across-me-then-upgraded-her-j.html)

BlissWorld Feb 9, 2010 10:58 am

Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J

I was flying home from YYC over the weekend. The flight was delayed and we were sitting at the gate. The door was closed. The male purser (old) came to the girl next to us and started flirting with her. He whispered to her that he could get her into executive class :rolleyes:. She had no status (saw her boarding pass when she left it on the seat next to me)

After 10-20 minutes, he finally left (I put on my noise-canceling headset to avoid vomiting from listening to their conversation) and we were getting ready to take off. He came back and gave her the executive class dinner menu.

As soon as we were in the air, he rushed to the girl and whispered something in her ears. She then literally crawled to row 3 and the purser immediately closed the curtain to prevent anyone from seeing what was going on (the cabin was completely dark).

He then went to another lady who was sitting 1 row behind the girl who crawled to executive class and said "Miss, I need to move you to another seat (pointing to the seat in front of her originally occupied by the girl he flirted with)"

The whole thing was bizzare and unprofessional and I couldn't stop :rolleyes:

DaveTO Feb 9, 2010 11:04 am

Was it Dion Phaneuf's girlfriend? If so, I would say he's justified. Otherwise, it gets lumped in with sleeping TTC collector and other examples of people thinking showing off their entitlement in society....

Andrew Yiu Feb 9, 2010 11:09 am

BlissWorld - can you please kindly send me some details (by either PM or email [email protected]). We take this very seriously and would like to investigate fully.

Jaimito Cartero Feb 9, 2010 11:13 am

I'm wondering if the post would be the same if you had been the one upgraded?

zorn Feb 9, 2010 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 13356909)
I'm wondering if the post would be the same if you had been the one upgraded?

This is the AC forum, not the BA forum!

woofster Feb 9, 2010 11:20 am

Interesting chain of events indeed. Glad to see Andrew is already getting involved. I'm all for last minute upgrades, but when a situation turns unprofessional, that's where I'd draw the line.

HerpaYvr Feb 9, 2010 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 13356812)
I was flying home from YYC over the weekend. The flight was delayed and we were sitting at the gate. The door was closed. The male purser (old) came to the girl next to us and started flirting with her. He whispered to her that he could get her into executive class :rolleyes:. She had no status (saw her boarding pass when she left it on the seat next to me)

After 10-20 minutes, he finally left (I put on my noise-canceling headset to avoid vomiting from listening to their conversation) and we were getting ready to take off. He came back and gave her the executive class dinner menu.

As soon as we were in the air, he rushed to the girl and whispered something in her ears. She then literally crawled to row 3 and the purser immediately closed the curtain to prevent anyone from seeing what was going on (the cabin was completely dark).

He then went to another lady who was sitting 1 row behind the girl who crawled to executive class and said "Miss, I need to move you to another seat (pointing to the seat in front of her originally occupied by the girl he flirted with)"

The whole thing was bizzare and unprofessional and I couldn't stop :rolleyes:

bizzare yes, he was flirting with a young lady? ;):D

jazzsax Feb 9, 2010 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 13357382)
bizzare yes, he was flirting with a young lady? ;):D

I know weird eh, you'd think he'd have been flirting with the men... must not have been a montreal crew then. (LOL)

payam81 Feb 9, 2010 1:38 pm

This kind of behavior is really unacceptable by AC personnel. I appreciate the post and I hope that OP not only gets in touch with Andrew, but also sends a formal complaint to AC Customer Service as well.

Unfortunately though, I don't think this will ever stops, until such time as AC as a company comes down hard on the staff.

RCyyz Feb 9, 2010 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 13357886)
Unfortunately though, I don't think this will ever stops, until such time as AC as a company comes down hard on the staff.

Easy now. While this particular case is odd at best, it also seems to be isolated. It's not like the board is littered with reports like this.

AC service under Calin has gradually been improving. But in a company of any significant size (such as AC) there will always be stars (ACYYZ/SD for example) and duds such as the one reported here.

payam81 Feb 9, 2010 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by RCyyz (Post 13358171)
Easy now. While this particular case is odd at best, it also seems to be isolated. It's not like the board is littered with reports like this.

AC service under Calin has gradually been improving. But in a company of any significant size (such as AC) there will always be stars (ACYYZ/SD for example) and duds such as the one reported here.

Well considering this is a matter that, for obvious reasons, usually goes unnoticed by anyone else other than the two parties directly involved, I'm not so utterly shocked that there aren't more reports of these incidents!

My own personal experiences are based on the stories told to me by several (four to be exact) female colleagues and friends who have no status (one didn't even have an AP account) who have been bumped up to J on transcon or trans Atlantic flights either by the check in agent or an FA on the flight for no other reason but vanity. One FA in particular even passed on his number to my female friend after bringing her in to a J pod in the mini cabin of a 333!

Wasn't there also that lady just 1-2 weeks ago who got an op-up on YYZ-NRT? Same deal again pretty much.

That said, I agree that there are always duds and then there are some who go above and beyond. I myself have had the pleasure of encountering a few of these ladies and gents and they are one of the main reasons I stick to AC, even if I sometimes have to go a bit out of my way or spend more $ to fly them. My post was obviously (given the context of the original post) was referring to coming down hard on the staff who break policy and/or behave in an unprofessional manner which will at the end reflect badly upon the company and the other hard working professionals.

gtpdiddy Feb 9, 2010 2:49 pm

You should've grabbed her BP, take down the FA's name, and pass the info to Andrew and AC customer service. Better yet, use your video phone to record the incident and post it on YouTube like what they did with the TTC! LOL

BTW, what's a "purser"? Is that a special FA?

Tangoer Feb 9, 2010 4:09 pm

If I remember correctly from grade school, no-one likes a Snitch. ;)

I've received Comp upgrades at car rental places for no reason. What if a FT'er was standing behind me, taking notes in a jealous frenzy, ready to blow the lid of this apparent international ring of upgrade rogues...

Vaclav Feb 9, 2010 4:10 pm

Since the subject has come up...

Two summers ago, I was returning from YVR to YUL via YYZ. The first leg was on A333 before XM. The flight was quite empty in J. I was met by a very indifferent Purser who let everyone who would listen know that he does not give a rat's a$$ about his job and cannot be fired due to the union protection. He had a young and attractive male colleague working the J cabin who provided ok service. However, shortly after he was done, he disappeared into the minicabin and seated himself next to (yes, you have guessed right) a very attractive young lady who was not there before. Both of them really enjoyed one another's company and the ice-cream that we never made it to the main J cabin. I found it all odd but had other things to deal with next day at work and I did not send a note to AC.

Personally I do not care what they did there or later but this kind of behaviour does not help the AC image and I am glad that it is not tolerated.

yeunganson Feb 9, 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 13356812)

Maybe it is just age difference between the purser and the lady that makes me curious.

Anyhow, had I been sitting next to the lady, I will give the purser a high five. I will be requesting Champaign if he manage to join the Miles High Club. Now that's worth losing a job for.

I suspect these things happen from time to time. For us in our 20s and single, we'll trade the job for a girl, no?