Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J

Purser Flirted with Girl Across From me, Then Upgraded Her to J

Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
I've never been bothered by this myself EXCEPT when it then results in the FA ignoring the other passengers and their job to focus on their target.

Usually this problem is more with the FAs friends / co-workers going home, to work, or on vacation though.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Flirting now adays, give me a break. GIve it a few days and we'll find out that someone was offended because the SD said "hello" and was male. OH NO HE IS FLIRTING WITH UBER-RICH UPGRADE ENTITLED TESTOSTERONE FILLED SE FLYER FROM (Insert cowboy like city here). CALL THE AC POLICE!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtacchi

No one was done a disservice here.. whats the fuss?
Yeah what the is fuss.....? Oh that's right, an Evangelist was done a disservice....
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ac777
mtacchi--you are back--where have you been?

Oh I've been here all along.. posting in Starwood and such.. AC requests on FT such as how do I get my cat into the MLL and what seat should I pick on my Kingston, ON to Toronto,ON flight do not get me to post..
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:13 am

Oh I've been here all along.. posting in Starwood and such.. AC requests on FT such as how do I get my cat into the MLL and what seat should I pick on my Kingston, ON to Toronto,ON flight do not get me to post..
LOL - perfect description of this place. Also, will my chair in the airport lounge be XMed and why can't I just buy SSWUs for a dollar each?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
we miss you post more often!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by jbb
I believe that on Lufthansa the head flight attendant (equivalent to the Service Director on AC) is referred to as a 'Chief Purser'. They even have military style rank bars on their epaulettes if I recall correctly.
its Lufthansa for sure they have military bars on uniform
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by why fly
we miss you post more often!
You see me all the time... I'm picking up your freeking glasses in PVG tomorrow...if you saw any more of me , I'd be your dependant under Ontario's same sex marriage law...

Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:55 am

Thumbs down wow

this is so not kool and i wonder how many more he has upgraded over his career hmmm beats me
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Is the term "purser" used on AC, or any other international airline?
The flight attendant in charge of the crew used to be called a purser in the AC world. That was later changed to the in-charge and now to flight service director. It is a position worth a little more in pay.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater
..as for ratting out the purser in this case, the downline ramifications are that he'll be reprimanded, possibly suspended or demoted back to FA status, then an edict will come down from up above reminding crews that in flight op-ups are strictly verboten... and those occasional in flight op-ups that AC FTer's occasionally enjoy will disappear......

situations such as when you're in the aisle with the empty seat beside you and a family with a crying baby in the row behind you and the purser moves you up to J to free up your seat so the family can spread out and have more room to deal with the kids... or you board the plane with tears streaming down your face because you're traveling to the funeral of a loved one and you're stuck in a middle seat between two larger pax and you're obviously distraught and just want to hide in a corner and the crew moves you to J out of sympathy and hands you a box of tissues... or after boarding the a/c in a foul mood because your bags have been lost and you've misconnected and missed your daughter's graduation and been harassed by security for daring to wear shoes with metal spurs in them and a sensitive FA sees that you're not having a great day and invites you to a lie flat suite on your YYZ-YVR to help take some of the sting out of your experience... or when the purser bends down by your seat, flight manifest in hand and asks if you are Mr or Ms. SE and asks you to move to 2D for no other reason than to thank you for your patronage... there are few tools in the crew's inventory that allow them to remedy customer service snafus and the in flight op-up is a valuable one, regardless of how seriously management takes them...
yes all of these things are forbidden and the crews doing them risk severe disciplinary measures... so thank goodness shenanigans like this will stop.

sometimes it's ok to look the other way and keep your lid shut, for the benefit of all...
Very well put. The OP might want to reconsider getting on his high horse about it. One has to wonder if his delicate sensibilities would have been offended if it was one of the scenarios you describe above, or a female FA flirting with a male passenger.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by naplesyrupeater
sometimes people on ineligible fares or with the wrong certs feel entitled to that upgrade and when denied by the gate, sit there seething in their seats and surveying J traffic like hawks...
We can't feel sympathy for these poor people, nor worry about what they might say or do. An inflated sense of entitlement is all too common these days, and I'm sure any airline would happily see these folks, who buy cheap fares and expect golden-age-of-flying service, pursue alternate means of transport.

Originally Posted by ac777
the upgrade is not the dispute--it is the "flirting" that is the issue here--THAT is the unprofessional part.
As long as you have one person attracted to another person, flirting will always be part of the human interaction. I'm not excusing it, but if were as rigidly enforced as some would like to see, there'd be pretty thin ranks within every airline (and other industries).
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005
this is so not kool and i wonder how many more he has upgraded over his career hmmm beats me
can I please ?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Red face

Originally Posted by StarAlliance2005
Indeed. We can only wonder at the lifetime of shocking unwarranted carnal upgrade carnage this monster has inflicted on society.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by Tangoer
Indeed. We can only wonder at the shocking lifetime of unwarranted carnal upgrade carnage this monster has inflicted on society.
Indeed.

Forbidden Upgrade Consented Keenly Initiates Niggling Gold's Billious Sentiment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.