Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone

I've often wondered what the best exec seat is on the 777. I have chosen 6A for my next YVR-HKG's but wonder if someone has a recomendation of a better one. I worry about sitting further back as I might experience the screams of babies in the first row of bulkhead economy.

What is the truly best seat on the 777 if you're traveling alone?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like 6A. Except once the seat was kind of broken, head piece would assume a funny position and turned out to be quite uncomfortable.

but that was a while ago and one would hoe by now it has been fixed.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
6A and 6K are probably the best seats on a 777. They are more private and have more space than the other seats. You have to lean back for the window, but for a long-haul when you'll be sleeping it's no big deal. You're last to be served in that cabin, but again it's not a big issue. 11A and K are the same, but they are right in front of the Y section and veryone is going by you during boarding.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Academic
6A and 6K are probably the best seats on a 777. They are more private and have more space than the other seats. You have to lean back for the window, but for a long-haul when you'll be sleeping it's no big deal. You're last to be served in that cabin, but again it's not a big issue. 11A and K are the same, but they are right in front of the Y section and veryone is going by you during boarding.
As long as everyone is going by you to Y,is that not a good thing?

I like 6A or 6K better than 11A or 11K.As long as I get a J seat,however,I am happy to be anywhere.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
I agree, 6A or 6K, since there's no one behind you, you actually get a little more storage space behind/next to your seat. And they're close to the washroom and snack bar. Plus from YYZ (at least) you have a separate boarding entrance from Y, but the Y entrance people also pass you if you're seats 7 to 11, so a lot more passenger traffic.

One thing I like way more about the 777s over 767s is the overhead compartment; 777s has way bigger compartments that you can put your carry-ons and others stuff up there. 767s you can't even put a wheeled carry-on on the window side!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
I like 6A. Except once the seat was kind of broken, head piece would assume a funny position and turned out to be quite uncomfortable.

but that was a while ago and one would hoe by now it has been fixed.
6A's my favorite too, though I've had some bad luck with broken pieces. Right armrest had fallen off in one. Headphones were busted in another.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
6A's my favorite too, though I've had some bad luck with broken pieces. Right armrest had fallen off in one. Headphones were busted in another.
was that a 77W? Because I had thesame problem with one flight too.... the TV was loose and the headphone band was split apart on the top

you can't go wrong with row 6..... row 11 too far back with those Y people and if the flight attendant decides to take meal orders by row instead of status, then your doomed!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
was that a 77W? Because I had thesame problem with one flight too.... the TV was loose and the headphone band was split apart on the top
Yeah, a 77W. Not sure which fin #. Someone had managed to twist the right earpad all the way around to face the wrong way and it wouldn't turn back.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Another vote for 6A/K
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: AC E50K
If you want to look out of the windows, do not choose 5A. There is no window you can look out when the seat is upright during take off and landing.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
No window also at seat 11A-K on the 77L.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by dfyant
. I worry about sitting further back as I might experience the screams of babies in the first row of bulkhead economy.
these days of easy upgrades the babies are in J class
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
That's not funny ....
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:13 am

Another vote for 6A/K.

The installations for Y class bassinets are in the bulkhead behind row 11.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by dfyant
I worry about sitting further back as I might experience the screams of babies in the first row of bulkhead economy.
Actually, my babies (twins) always flew in J, not economy. Even so, they never screamed. Nor have any of the babies flying J with me on the five 777 flights I've had so far this year.

As for the best seat, I have pretty well had just about all of them, and quite frankly, they are all fine. If having a few folks walk past where you are sitting is a big deal, then I guess you have a pretty blessed life.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.