Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:23 am

Couple flying together

Delete wrong thread
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
Originally Posted by ACA321
You're pretty much right, there is no good view from any seat. If you're hell bent on having a window, stay away from 1A/K- has the least to see. Personally, I prefer the middle (aisle) seats 6D/G, as you can see out the windows without getting a sore neck. This of course depends if the person at the windows you're trying to look out keeps the shades up Once in flight there isn't much to see anyway, and for me the point of flying in J is to get some rest. In my experience, I've been able to see out plenty fine without getting sore by taking a middle seat. Anything in row 6 are my seats of choice due to the bit of extra storage space and privacy, although if they're not available, any seat in the forward cabin is okay. I've been burned by screaming kids in the Y bulkhead while seated in rows 7-11, so you may want to keep that in mind as well. Annoying as heck if you're trying to get some sleep!

Throughout this thread there seems to be a pre occupation re the placement of the window. At 35k feet just what is is that you guys want to look out at - bright sunlight is certainly not inviting !
Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AC854
Throughout this thread there seems to be a pre occupation re the placement of the window. At 35k feet just what is is that you guys want to look out at - bright sunlight is certainly not inviting !
Are you kidding me? When I flew back from PEK last month, I spent most of the flight with my eyes glued to the window. I can't ever see enough of the country rolling by ....

For me, picking the best seat in J (or even Y) is more about making sure I get a window on the non-sun side, so that I can watch out. Port out, Starboard home...
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Yeah, a 77W. Not sure which fin #. Someone had managed to twist the right earpad all the way around to face the wrong way and it wouldn't turn back.
another reason to bring your own. Learned that the hard way when the ones fixed to the seats were blown out and sounded awful.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
6A/ or K
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by AC854
Looking out the window is my favourite part of flying. I love the feeling of freedom and being in transit. It never gets old. It can also yield views like these:

Which is why I care a lot about which window seats have an obstructed view. As I mentioned in another thread, this is what I've concluded thus far...is this accurate?

Row 1: No view when upright.
Row 5: No view when upright.
Row 6: Partial view when upright.
Row 8: This is the big question mark for me. I haven't seen a view issue mentioned on here, but SeatGuru seems to think so.
Row 11: Partial view when upright.

Last edited by capedreamer; Oct 24, 2012 at 9:24 am
Old May 14, 2013, 12:10 pm

2 adults 1 child

Can I ask for advice? I am travelling with my 6 yr old and husband YYZ-ICN on what accdg to Seatguru is a "2 class 777-300ER (77W)". We have been assigned 2A, 2D and 3A.

I read that in Exec First Suites, a child must be seated directly in front of the parent. I guess this means "in the row in front of". We would like to "surround" her so in our config should we put the child in 2A, with one parent behind in 3A, and one parent across in 2D?

The rows in the front cabin look like they are not aligned, so should the 2nd parent move from 2D to 3D? I'm having a hard time visualizing whether we'll have any sightlines to her at all.

Or, not wishing to inconvenience the folks who are travelling alone and choose the front cabin for peace and quiet, should we move to the rear cabin? It's not that she's noisy, it's just that conversations are definitely going to happen, being a 13 hour flight and all.

Which seats in the rear would work? We could do 8A, 9A and 8D, but I don't know if her seat can be by the exit door. Right now the rear cabin is empty, while in the front cabin all the other window seats are taken except for row 6.

I guess we'd like to retain 2 window seats and one aisle seat so that two people in the group have a view but no direct sun. What side of the plane should we be on?

Any input appreciated!

ETA: I just realized I posted in the Travelling Alone thread. Maybe the mod can put me somewhere more relevant, but any input appreciated thanks!

Last edited by ENFO; May 14, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Old May 14, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by ENFO
Can I ask for advice? I am travelling with my 6 yr old and husband YYZ-ICN on what accdg to Seatguru is a "2 class 777-300ER (77W)". We have been assigned 2A, 2D and 3A.

I read that in Exec First Suites, a child must be seated directly in front of the parent. I guess this means "in the row in front of". We would like to "surround" her so in our config should we put the child in 2A, with one parent behind in 3A, and one parent across in 2D?

The rows in the front cabin look like they are not aligned, so should the 2nd parent move from 2D to 3D? I'm having a hard time visualizing whether we'll have any sightlines to her at all.

Or, not wishing to inconvenience the folks who are travelling alone and choose the front cabin for peace and quiet, should we move to the rear cabin? It's not that she's noisy, it's just that conversations are definitely going to happen, being a 13 hour flight and all.

Which seats in the rear would work? We could do 8A, 9A and 8D, but I don't know if her seat can be by the exit door. Right now the rear cabin is empty, while in the front cabin all the other window seats are taken except for row 6.

I guess we'd like to retain 2 window seats and one aisle seat so that two people in the group have a view but no direct sun. What side of the plane should we be on?

Any input appreciated!
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-300.php

Hi, I recommend 5A, 6A, 6D, or 6G, 5K, 6K. Most private configuration.

Otherwise 8A, 9A, 8D would be ok or the mirror image. Keep in mind if you seat the 2nd part of the Exec First cabin you may not get your meal of choice if you're not SE or have status, especially if cabin is full by then.
Old May 14, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ENFO

Any input appreciated!

ETA: I just realized I posted in the Travelling Alone thread. Maybe the mod can put me somewhere more relevant, but any input appreciated thanks!
There is no restriction for a child seated in the "B" cabin. Technically the L-2 door is ahead of the self contained cabin. The A-A-D seating combo would work. I would recommend perhaps moving back one row to avoid being seated just behind the galley area which is where the stand-up bar is set up. Bear in mind also that a J/C Child's meal CHML could be ordered on all segments. There are also plenty of mid-flight (between meals) child-friendly snack items.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; May 14, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Old May 14, 2013, 8:34 pm

By B cabin you mean the one behind the bar right? So you are recommending row 9 and 10? Thanks for the info on the child's meal. Are snacks something that might be offered or should we ask while on board?
Old May 22, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have selected 6K on AC858. Hoping for at least 3hrs of sleep.
--
13F
Old May 22, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
6A/6K seem to be the hands down favourite.

>Privacy behind the "post"
>Very Slim chance of running out of meal choice
>Bar/Meal Delivery in decent time
>Far enough away from the baby row (row 18)
>Closest to the stand-up bar
>L2 most commonly used boarding/deplaning door - first to deplane
>Close lavatory proximity without being intrusive/bothersome
Old May 23, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NRTbound

btw on my latest trip 6K had a snapped headphone, the replacement pair sucked so I just used my own apple buds.
The regular headphones suck anyway - not like you got anything much better in your replacement
Old May 23, 2015, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The regular headphones suck anyway - not like you got anything much better in your replacement
What do you recommend? My warranty-replaced Sennheisers just broke in the exact same way as the original pair (band snapped), and I'm fed up.

I need something better for EYW
Old May 23, 2015, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What do you recommend? My warranty-replaced Sennheisers just broke in the exact same way as the original pair (band snapped), and I'm fed up.

I need something better for EYW
Quiet comfort 25s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.