Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold, UA 1P , Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-300.php

I'd go for 1 D/G since they are row one and have no seat in front.
GManko likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:24 pm

all 4 seats in row six have the extra storage and a little more privacy due to the high side wall structure.. the only annoyance I've found with 6A and K is that the FA cabinets are situated directly across from your seat so on long flights they could be accessing their personal belongings and trying not to make a disturbance.

btw on my latest trip 6K had a snapped headphone, the replacement pair sucked so I just used my own apple buds.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
I like 6D myself. You get the extra storage, and while you might have 5A and 6A in your line of sight, you are a little more around the corner from the galley and the lavs.

But in the end, you are at the pointy end on a pretty long flight in one of a set of nearly identical seats. I am usually just happy to be there, and couldn't imagine the choice of seat having a huge impact on the flight.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:17 pm

Ah yes, 11A and 6A.

If you had ever happened to be on SYD-YVR in one of those seats and I was on the flight, you'd most likely have gotten the boot... to a 'better' seat. Normally the SYD concierge would "talk" to the person in 11A, 'cause that was my seat. Unless there was a infant/bassinet in use in Y. In that case, the person in 6A would also get the "talk."

I liked 11A because the smaller cabin seemed more private and with less movement. As well, if there were empty seats it seemed that the aft J cabin was usually the one with the empties.

Ah, the good old days.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Ah, the good old days.
I've heard 2E is a good seat in First Class from Guam to Cairns on a 738.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I really hope I get SE this year... and access to the concierge!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by zorn
I've heard 2E is a good seat in First Class from Guam to Cairns on a 738.
If they got space, they're all good.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, H Gold +, B Fast
VOTE FOR 6A - If it is working

Vote for 6A - If it is working. That seat is closest to the exit, least competition for overhead storage, near washroom with no hindrance to get to, snack and drink bar. That extra space at the side is fantastic for newspapers, drinks etc while you are lying down. With a slight recline you can use the window. No bathroom smells (like 6K), no kitchen clatter. Cons are cooler food, last to get coat. Oh, I almost forgot - the seat probably will not work. When fully reclined it gets tempermental and doesn't work. When this happens let it alone for a couple minutes and then try to slightly recline it. It will probably work. Then bring it up in short increments. Works best when the least weight is against it.

Popular seat but it is tempermental and I have flown on probably all of AC's triple 7s.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by OFFSHORE 27
Vote for 6A - If it is working. That seat is closest to the exit, least competition for overhead storage, near washroom with no hindrance to get to, snack and drink bar. That extra space at the side is fantastic for newspapers, drinks etc while you are lying down. With a slight recline you can use the window. No bathroom smells (like 6K), no kitchen clatter. Cons are cooler food, last to get coat. Oh, I almost forgot - the seat probably will not work. When fully reclined it gets tempermental and doesn't work. When this happens let it alone for a couple minutes and then try to slightly recline it. It will probably work. Then bring it up in short increments. Works best when the least weight is against it.

Popular seat but it is tempermental and I have flown on probably all of AC's triple 7s.
Welcome (back?) to FT!
6A sounds good... but I for some reason prefer the closest possible to the front...
Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:27 am

6A sounds good... but I for some reason prefer the closest possible to the front...[/QUOTE]

I always sit in the closest seat to the front and it has an awesome view.... minus 1A
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: AC*E
I'm a relative newbie to elite and executive suites, but I'm assuming the main reason most people prefer not having anyone behind them is because then you don't have to put up with the god-awful clatter of your neighbour taking out and returning their tray/table?

More importantly, I'm assuming I'm relatively late to the game in complaining about this, and therefore it's been pointed out to AC a thousand times over that they really ought to improve the design of that part of the pod? So one more nag probably won't make much difference? :-)
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddungbo
I'm a relative newbie to elite and executive suites, but I'm assuming the main reason most people prefer not having anyone behind them is because then you don't have to put up with the god-awful clatter of your neighbour taking out and returning their tray/table?

More importantly, I'm assuming I'm relatively late to the game in complaining about this, and therefore it's been pointed out to AC a thousand times over that they really ought to improve the design of that part of the pod? So one more nag probably won't make much difference? :-)
Neither, really.

It's just that these seats are more private, make you feel you are there all by yourself.

OTOH, it's also true, as Zorn pointed out, that all these seats are more or less the same. 1A and 1K have no windows. The center seats are center seats. But at the end of the day, the one real important issue is that (as long as they don't set cabin temperature too high) they are good for sleeping.

On my coming trip to SYD, I was originally booked in 6A. however I waited too long to get my wife's ticket and when I finally got to it, 5A was gone. We ended up in the second cabin. Not a big deal.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
Originally Posted by Stranger
Neither, really.

It's just that these seats are more private, make you feel you are there all by yourself.
I have two words for you: STINKY FEET

In the AC pods, from certain angles you can actually see the feet of the person behind you if they're tall. On one of my flights I could not only see - but smell his feet.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by dfyant
I have two words for you: STINKY FEET

In the AC pods, from certain angles you can actually see the feet of the person behind you if they're tall. On one of my flights I could not only see - but smell his feet.

Sorry.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
1A and 1K have no windows.
But on many of the routes these planes fly, there's not really anything to see. On SYD-YVR you might see the occaissional tiny island, but mostly it's just water all the way to the horizon. And on YVR-SYD, it's just black.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.