Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Name on passpost matching ticket... question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name on passpost matching ticket... question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I use my middle name and not my first. Only the US seemed to have an issue with this and numerous times mentioned that my passport did not match my ticket. I ultimately changed my Aeroplan account to have both my first and middle name on the card and book all my tickets that way. Now no problems with the US or AP points collection. Annoying yes but it does make travel to the US much easier.
Something I always do in my day job and it would probably work here...

If your name is, say, John Isaac Smith and you go by Isaac, record it as J. Isaac Smith. People who go by their first names usually go as John I. Smith to reduce ambiguity. Do the same. That way it's clear that your first name starts with J but you don't use that name in daily life.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:11 pm

Whereas your reservation and ticket must read alike, under "Secue Flight", when flying to/from USA, your exact passport details will be transmitted separately to the authorities for their clearance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.