Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sobeys Points Deals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by akide
same thing for me, spent $40 at sobeys just now at the fort york/spadina location,

and got the $40 get 750 sobeys pts twice!! for 1500 pts + 40 pts for the 1dollar = 1pt base pts =D! not too bad about 5 cpm
That's my store - there must be a glitch in their systems!!

Quickly now, I am organizing an EMERGENCY YTZ DO - we must all rush to this Sobeys and spend $40

Forget the Mexican Hat Dance, this is the Greatest AE loophole of the century right here folks.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Got the latest Sobey's flyer, and not worth going down to the store for the points. The month before, or when they were giving away 500 points for a purchase, plus all of the 2 for 1 deals and the bonus points on the purchases, I went down to Sobey's and used all coupons except for one.

1,000 Sobey points approxix. = 500 AP
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Had two items that showed up with no bonus points and with the wrong price the other day. Every trip to Sobeys has some error in points or pricing. This chain must be the most inept in the business. I have complained to HQ and to the local manager, but they don't seem to care. Maybe it's time to contact Rupert at AE about such an inept partner?!
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Had two items that showed up with no bonus points and with the wrong price the other day. Every trip to Sobeys has some error in points or pricing. This chain must be the most inept in the business. I have complained to HQ and to the local manager, but they don't seem to care. Maybe it's time to contact Rupert at AE about such an inept partner?!
I love incorrect prices. You get the item for free! ^ Just scan your receipt before you walk out the door.

But agree, there should be some some of compensation for not giving the correct bonus, like double points.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC 50K E, A3 Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by Tangoer
That's my store - there must be a glitch in their systems!!

Quickly now, I am organizing an EMERGENCY YTZ DO - we must all rush to this Sobeys and spend $40

Forget the Mexican Hat Dance, this is the Greatest AE loophole of the century right here folks.
lol

5cpm, and we don't have to sit on a plane going in circles, you actually get groceries folks! FOOD!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
So I had to buy pop for the office party...and Sobeys was having a super points deal on Coke products!

24 cases, at 250 points per case, + 3x base points + 1,000 bonus points for > $60 spend = almost 4,000 AP miles!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by DaveTO
So I had to buy pop for the office party...and Sobeys was having a super points deal on Coke products!

24 cases, at 250 points per case, + 3x base points + 1,000 bonus points for > $60 spend = almost 4,000 AP miles!
Great work DaveTO ! A trip to Sobeys can be a good way to add to the AP balance if you can combine some bonus offers with items that are on sale ( for stuff that you actually need ! ).

Was the 1,000 bonus points for $ 60 spend an e-mail coupon, or something in your local flyer ? I need to make a trip to Sobeys but the only bonus offer that I have seen recently is 1,350 points for $ 150 spend, and I am going to have a tough time spending $ 150.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:50 pm

Email coupon
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
E-mail coupon is still good to December 31, 2010. I just found mine again and I forgot to use it when I bought the 24 pop and got 500 bonus points!

Sobey's when they do their point blow out and you actually need the stuff on sale is a BONAZA for extra points!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Any good deals this week?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:18 pm

New deals come out on Friday. I'm noticing that Sobeys is focusing their marketing dollars on price reduction rather than Club Sobeys promotions - too bad.

Stay tuned...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Recently no luck.. I don't find Sobey's to give out great deal for Aeroplan. How Safeway does it with their Air Miles program boggles my mind.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Got this week's Sobey's flyer.. not one bonus point in it! Lots of $savings. I also notice very very few signs in the store now showing any bonus points.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:35 am

My Sobey's flier has a couple of offers...

300 points for $15 spent on any of Pantene, Venus, Gillette, Secret, Oral-B or Tampax.

And...

725 points for $25 spent on any of Dawn, Bounty, Puffs, Febreze, Tide, Bounce, Gain, Downy or Ivory.

Shouldn't be hard to get both of these today.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SurveyHand
My Sobey's flier has a couple of offers...

300 points for $15 spent on any of Pantene, Venus, Gillette, Secret, Oral-B or Tampax.

And...

725 points for $25 spent on any of Dawn, Bounty, Puffs, Febreze, Tide, Bounce, Gain, Downy or Ivory.

Shouldn't be hard to get both of these today.
Interesting.. my flyer has neither of these!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.