Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snorkeling in Zanzibar

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Snorkeling in Zanzibar

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here had the experience with snorkelling or diving in Zanzibar? Can you see all the colourful sea fish? and how much is it usually? I guess I'd ask the resort for it, but if you have a company to recommend, id like to check that out.

Also, I heard about the blue safari, do they show u dolphins as well? I'm going to Zanzi for honeymoon in 10 days, can't wait!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA BD SA
We really enjoyed our snorkelling and diving from Zanzibar. We stayed at Matemwe on the northeast coast and all our activity was from a boat on the reefs of Mnemba Island. The corals were fantastic and we had some great sightings. (On the same trip we went to the Maldives and the Seychelles - and for sea life Zanzibar was better than the latter and not far behind the former.)

Massive disclaimer: this was more than 15 years ago and I have no idea how the corals have been affected by bleaching in Zanzibar. Parts of the Maldives (which I have visited many times since) have been decimated in recent years.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
We really enjoyed our snorkelling and diving from Zanzibar. We stayed at Matemwe on the northeast coast and all our activity was from a boat on the reefs of Mnemba Island. The corals were fantastic and we had some great sightings. (On the same trip we went to the Maldives and the Seychelles - and for sea life Zanzibar was better than the latter and not far behind the former.)

Massive disclaimer: this was more than 15 years ago and I have no idea how the corals have been affected by bleaching in Zanzibar. Parts of the Maldives (which I have visited many times since) have been decimated in recent years.
ThanKs for letting me know! I've heard maldives are amazing because the sea life is literally there. I'm very curious to see how it is in Zanzi! hopefully there are still nice parts where you can see the corals alive, and full of life.
Did u manage to see any dolphins?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I don't recall seeing dolphins around Zanzibar. But that is more luck of the draw than anything, I guess.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here had the experience with snorkelling or diving in Zanzibar? Can you see all the colourful sea fish? and how much is it usually? I guess I'd ask the resort for it, but if you have a company to recommend, id like to check that out.

Also, I heard about the blue safari, do they show u dolphins as well? I'm going to Zanzi for honeymoon in 10 days, can't wait!
Yes, you can see colourful sea fish there.

You can find more detailed information here https://rousivan.wordpress.com/author/rousivan/

Below are good options for selecting a resort:
  • Sea Cliff Resort & Spa
  • Zanzibar Beach Resort
  • Waikiki Zanzibar Resort
  • Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.