Reload this Page >

livingstone to lusaka

livingstone to lusaka

Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
livingstone to lusaka

have a 3.28pm flight out of lusaka..

need to get there from livingstone and cannot leave til evening before-any ideas on how to do it?
thanks
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
As I am sure you have found, those timings just don't work with the scheduled flights.

As I see it your options are (i) coach (coaches leave up to 19:30 and at 06:00 and take up to 7 hours to central Lusaka, then a taxi from there); (ii) one-way car hire (7 hour drive); or (ii) if money is no object enquire about an air charter, there are a number of outfits at Lusaka who cater to the safari industry. Or (iv) change your schedule.

Good luck!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Rent a car, the road is better than you might expect
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

thanks-im afraid i cant find a company that offers one way car rental..
if anyone knows one please advise..
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
I would hire a car and driver - your hotel / guesthouse should be able to recommend someone - and leave VERY early (like 4 AM). The road is very good on the first stretch (Livingstone to Zimba or so), so that can be done pretty safely in the dark. The sun should be coming up before you hit Choma.

Make sure to meet the driver and take a look at the car 1-2 days before so that you can change your mind / ask for a new driver / car if you don't like what you see.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

thanks-anyone you can suggest?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's too late to help the original poster, but for others, Proflight Zambia currently offers two flights a day from Livingstone to Lusaka.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.