Tanzania Visa upon arrival okay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tanzania Visa upon arrival okay?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by typical
Should follow up that in DAR this bolded part is not true in my experience - I've regularly paid with $10s and $20s.
What I meant was that the $50 and $100 bills you use should be 2008 or newer series, not that they don't accept other denominations.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
Upon your experience, is it worth to get tanzanian visa prior to travel vs on-arrival? Would it save time at the airport substantially?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:49 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Lucentis
Upon your experience, is it worth to get tanzanian visa prior to travel vs on-arrival? Would it save time at the airport substantially?
to be honest, you will spend more time in reality getting it before, than you will spend getting it on arrival.

Just that everyone is in a hurry on arrival to get through.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beano HK
to be honest, you will spend more time in reality getting it before, than you will spend getting it on arrival.

Just that everyone is in a hurry on arrival to get through.
IMHO, it's a big difference between 1 hour spent to fill out the visa form at home, stick a photo and bring the envelope to post office on a sunny Saturday morning versus same time spent after a long-houl flight, at 9:30 pm in a sticky hot airport...
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:20 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Lucentis
IMHO, it's a big difference between 1 hour spent to fill out the visa form at home, stick a photo and bring the envelope to post office on a sunny Saturday morning versus same time spent after a long-houl flight, at 9:30 pm in a sticky hot airport...
Yes I agree and was really relating to my own experiences - apologies. I travel at short notice and despite having 2 passports cant afford for even one of them to be away for so long.
I have also been told that I should apply for a TZ work permit - and of course no-one can point me to the relevant piece of legislation that requires this!!!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:24 am

We were really happy that we had our visas in advance upon arrival in JRO and were able to go right to an agent. The visa line got long quickly, as did the no visa required line.
We were third in line and it took us 20 minutes. I suspect others might have waited close to two hours to get through, unless new agents were added. The more you can do in advance, the less painful your arrival will be. We got our visas in person in NYC, so that was not difficult.

Oh, and be sure to bring your boarding pass with you upon departure, because we were asked to show it.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We live near the consulate in NYC and did everything in advance last year. It took about two weeks in prime pre-visit time as we traveled during migration. It was really easy (you still have to pay cash even in the US) and the line when we landed at JRO looked chaotic and long - we were some of the first off the plane as we flew in J and were happy to skip it. If you have easy access to the consulate I would recommend doing it in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by Mickidon
We were really happy that we had our visas in advance upon arrival in JRO and were able to go right to an agent. The visa line got long quickly, as did the no visa required line.
We were third in line and it took us 20 minutes. I suspect others might have waited close to two hours to get through, unless new agents were added. The more you can do in advance, the less painful your arrival will be. We got our visas in person in NYC, so that was not difficult.

Oh, and be sure to bring your boarding pass with you upon departure, because we were asked to show it.
good tip. You need your ticketed itinerary to enter the airport upon departure. It must show ticket numbers.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
You can pay with VISA/Mastercard CC in DAR to but have cash dollars with you as the machine sometimes does not work. In Zanzibar they insist in having you pay with CC. No AMEX!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
I just received notification today that the Visa on Arrival now costs US$ 200 !!!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
I just received notification today that the Visa on Arrival now costs US$ 200 !!!
Source? I can't find anything online?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Source? I can't find anything online?
I received this email from a company here in Johannesburg that do visa services.

Dear client

VISA UPDATE - ARGENTINA

All nationalities are required to present the yellow fever certificate when coming back to South Africa from Argentina. Therefore, obtain it prior to your travels...

Democratic Republic of Congo:

All travelers require four open pages after the visa in order to enter Immigration.

Qatar: (In addition to our prior visa-free travel notice)

South Africans can only get a visa on arrival if staying in a hotel. Please see below requirements:

Hotel Confirmation
1500 USD in your account or on the credit card
Return E Ticket
Passport valid for 6 months from date of return
100 Qatari Rials

Tanzania:

Please note all business travelers to Tanzania including South African Passport holders can now apply for visas at the Embassy.

The cost is 200 USD, approximately Lodgement fee = R3500.00

Or the business visas can be obtained on arrival for 200 USD, however, it's always in one's best interest obtaining any visa prior to arrival i.e. prevent long queues due to busy airports, technical issues etc.

Regards,

Visas Zone

Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
If true, this is a reduction. The business visa on arrival used to cost $250, at least for me as a UK citizen.

The tourist visa is different...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Yes, this is a business visa. Very important clarification
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:13 am

The Tanzania Business Visa requires a whole bunch of additional documents such as certified letters from local partners regarding the reason for the visa, etc.. It is not something to be taken lightly and definitely not something that can be issued promptly at the airport.

The regular tourist and transit visa though is handled hundreds of times daily and usually takes just no more than a few minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.