Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Tips for visiting N'Djamena, Bangui, and Luanda

Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Hey everyone

I leave next week to "check off" three more African countries - Chad, Central African Republic, and Angola.

I'll have three nights in N'Djamena (at the Hilton), two nights in Bangui (Ledger Plaza), and four nights in Angola. I'll probably do a fly in/out day trip to Cabinda from there and also have some ideas for day trips by road north and south of Luanda (Valley of Moon, shipwreck beach).

There is limited info online about these three destinations, so if anyone has any tips or advice I would be greatly appreciative. I like walking around and looking at architecture, when security conditions allow.

I'll arrange airport transfers through the hotels in N'Djamena and Bangui, but if anyone has any info about taxi costs and availability in these places I would appreciate that. Also any restaurant/bar recommendations would be appreciated.

I suspect Luanda might be the most "fun" of these destinations (though expensive) as it doesn't seem there is much to do at all in N'Djamena, and in Bangui it might not be advisable to do too much wandering around outside the hotel. We'll see.

If all goes well and I make it to all three countries, I'll then have ten countries left to visit in 2017 (and probably 2018) to complete the UN country list.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My only advice about Bangui is to not walk under trees.

Oh, and regarding "fun" IMHO if you can't have fun in Africa, you can't have fun anywhere. That includes N'Djamena and Bangui. These are cities that have a high concentration of humans. Humans like you.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Hey everyone

I leave next week to "check off" three more African countries - Chad, Central African Republic, and Angola.

I'll have three nights in N'Djamena (at the Hilton), two nights in Bangui (Ledger Plaza), and four nights in Angola. I'll probably do a fly in/out day trip to Cabinda from there and also have some ideas for day trips by road north and south of Luanda (Valley of Moon, shipwreck beach).

There is limited info online about these three destinations, so if anyone has any tips or advice I would be greatly appreciative. I like walking around and looking at architecture, when security conditions allow.

I'll arrange airport transfers through the hotels in N'Djamena and Bangui, but if anyone has any info about taxi costs and availability in these places I would appreciate that. Also any restaurant/bar recommendations would be appreciated.

I suspect Luanda might be the most "fun" of these destinations (though expensive) as it doesn't seem there is much to do at all in N'Djamena, and in Bangui it might not be advisable to do too much wandering around outside the hotel. We'll see.

If all goes well and I make it to all three countries, I'll then have ten countries left to visit in 2017 (and probably 2018) to complete the UN country list.
And how were they?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.