Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Recent experiences with the premiere class train from Cape Town to Johannesburg ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent experiences with the premiere class train from Cape Town to Johannesburg ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I'm glad you enjoyed the journey, and I do agree that it's not the best option if you're in a hurry.

I'm all booked up for December. Do they still have the bar and smoking carriage on the train?
They still have the bar and smokers lounge on the train . The biggest customer in the smokers lounge was the train crew itself, when I had a look.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
They fill you up with alcohol at lunch after departure (your cost!) - then everyone disappears to their cabin to sleep That's great because it leaves the lounge car empty and you get big windows on both sides for views.

Food is quite good and they have reasonable wines. Credit cards are accepted when your bill is settled near the end of the trip.

Expect delays. Ours (last week) was only 2 hours.

It's best to take the train one way and drive the other. Avoid driving the boring N1 and instead take the coastal route.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I am on board the Premier Classe train at the moment, heading from JNB to CPT, enjoying the last glass of my lunchtime bottle of Chenin Blanc in the smokers' lounge. This is stress-busting at its best.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I am on board the Premier Classe train at the moment, heading from JNB to CPT, enjoying the last glass of my lunchtime bottle of Chenin Blanc in the smokers' lounge. This is stress-busting at its best.

Enjoy. And once you get closer to the Hex River Valley, crack open a bottle of bubbly, because the scenery is just amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.