Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

visa for Sudan, UK passport

Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:02 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !

Anyone have any recent experience, on a UK passport? The embassy website talks about a processing time of 4-6 weeks, but I see some of the visa service companies talking about 3 working days, but with an authorisation from the Foreign Ministry in Sudan.

I won't be going as a tourist, so don't want to pay a tour operator for an invitation/authorisation. Is it possible to get an invitation from a Sudanese local which will allow an authorisation?

Anyone with any recent ideas/experience?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:38 am

I was traveling to Sudan in November as a tourist, but got my visa on my own. Am not Uk, but also for my passport it was waiting time like two weeks, but embassy in Vienna with a friendly phone call and personal visit arranged it in the same day. I saved on time and money. I think if you have embassy in London, call them, try to ask them, maybe it works. Otherwise for all those who are looking for visa info, i have compiled ways to get visa for Sudan.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:17 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Note that the VOA price in possession of the entry permit, for a UK National, remains at USD$100 but they now require notes after 2009.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:50 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Thought I would just update this thread based on this weeks trip.
As before entry is with prior permit and you actually need a $100 dollar bill, not 2 x $50 or permutations thereof. Must be 2009 onwards, there are still plenty of 1998 onwards bills in circulation.
You also need to register with the central Police and have a permit inserted into your passport - most hotels will offer to do this for you, I suggest you don't do at the airport when exiting as there can be long queues and it takes time. You need to pay $57 for this privilege if on a single trip visa. If on a multi entry visa the fee is waived.
The Al Salam Rotana remains the best hotel option being 10 minutes from the airport and is far better than some other "chain" hotels.
Room rate runs to about $220 per night including taxes, payable in cash.
Local rumours about sanctions being lifted possibly in June / July this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.