Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Questions for a South African resident...

Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

We are retired--my husband is 68 and I am 54--and we have visited SA more than a few times, love the country and hope to move there or at least live there on a half-year or more basis.

My questions are about health insurance, what I believe in SA is called medical schemes. In my research I saw that anyone age 65 or over cannot purchase health insurance. However, my real estate broker/agent in SA said this is not true, no discrimination allowed, as anyone or any age can buy health insurance, it is just a matter of paying the fee.

Here in the USA one normally goes through an insurance agent (much like a real estate agent, or car salesman), a person who finds a selection of different polices from different companies, and offers them to the consumer.

Is it the same in SA? I could find only the names of health/medical insurance companies themselves (Discovery Health) and not a list of sales agents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.