Search

Connecting in DAR and SEZ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Connecting in DAR and SEZ

Hi,

I booked a dirt cheap and a bit awkward routing with Air Seychelles:
I will be flying from Abu Dhabi to SEZ (3 hrs layover) and then to DAR.
Technically the destination is DAR but I will fly back with exactly the same plane 4 hours later to SEZ where I will overnight before flying back to AUH the next day.

QUESTIONS

Seychelles:
Not your typical Intl to Intl connection airport. Anyone did a connection there? Is there such thing at all? I am considering passing immigration and strolling a bit around the airport as I have 3 hours ...

Dar es Salam:
This one is more tricky. According to Timatic I can do an Intl connection without visa. Technically I am not in transit as I arrive and depart from the same country. If all goes wrong I can get a visa on arrival but I would like to avoid this due to the high costs. At least Air Seychelles will let me fly there thinking I can get my visa there. And once I am there I can play the Intl connecting passenger and last resort get the visa, but I hope Air Seychelles can issue the boarding pass for my flight back to SEZ before reaching DAR or is there a transfer desk? I can't imagine there are much Intl to Intl connecting passengers on DAR so they might not be prepared.

Anyone been in the Priority Pass lounges in DAR or SEZ?

Thanks very much
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
In SEZ, I can't comment if they have a proper international transit procedure or not but assume they do since Air Seychelles does sell a number of connecting tickets. As far as strolling around outside the airport, there is nothing to do or see. It's a tiny airport and outside you'll only find a few car rental & tour agent counters, a small shop, and a cafe, that's more or less it. It's pretty far from Victoria town so going into town on a short stop isn't really practical either.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
There is a dump of a lounge in DAR. Am not sure if it is contracted to Priority Pass, but the henchman at the front desk does his best to make you feel unwanted. For instance, I was travelling with a collegue and according to *A rules, was allowed to bring a guest. It took him quite a while to double check the rules, and he eventually came back and with a dismissive wave of his hand said: "it's okay, you can stay".

But, it beats sitting in the cafe upstairs and paying silly money for some lame refreshments.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
There is a dump of a lounge in DAR. Am not sure if it is contracted to Priority Pass, but the henchman at the front desk does his best to make you feel unwanted. For instance, I was travelling with a collegue and according to *A rules, was allowed to bring a guest. It took him quite a while to double check the rules, and he eventually came back and with a dismissive wave of his hand said: "it's okay, you can stay".

But, it beats sitting in the cafe upstairs and paying silly money for some lame refreshments.
I'm almost certain that is a Priority Pass lounge. I recall staring at it wishing I had a PP membership a few years back, I think it was ET's first year in *A. I was *G but back then ET did not give lounge passes at contract lounges. Now thankfully *A rules specifically allow *G + 1 Guest at contract lounges, so will ask for it at check in if they don't cough it up on their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.