Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest safari out of JNB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Shortest safari out of JNB

My girlfriend wants to meet up in JNB.

I am from UK but work in Africa in holes like LAD and LOS. She is Thai.

We want to meet for a week (no more than seven days are possible) as she will travel long haul on this trip and must return fresh to work the following week...

We want to spend time in a nice CPT hotel but if at all possible an OJ (Open Jaws) ticket JNB and CPT is intirguing!

I have been on bad safaris before and have been advised in a week we should just go to CPT and drink wine and fool around.

But she is interested in the opportunity of doing an OJ to JNB / CPT so we do Safari and whatever one does in CPT!

She also wants to see JNB (there is the vaguest chance we could both end up there) so a holiday encompassing Krugar, JNB and CPT is attractive but seems impossible in a week!

I want her to like SA so my plan is to take her to Cape Town ASAP! But I would like to show her JNB area to the best of its shortcomings! I have no need for Sandton restaurant recommendations but is there a day trip or overnight trip to see wildlife in Gauteng that will be better than anything in Western Cape?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:41 am

I have overnighted in Pilanesberg and Madikwe before, both 2-3 hours drive from Sandton.

Coming back you could fly to Cape Town from Lanseria which is on the right side of the city and saves the hike round to OR Tambo.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trying googling Dinokeng.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.