Wiki Posts
Search

Marrakesh & Morocco Desert Safari

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:24 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Anyone?
I'm starting to get a lil ansy since this is all that's left of my trip left to finalize...
I know I've read that one can simply show up but im starting to get a bit worried...
None of the recommendations above worked out? You might want to contact the hotels/riads you're staying at to see if they have suggestions. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes

Anyone?
I'm starting to get a lil ansy since this is all that's left of my trip left to finalize...
I know I've read that one can simply show up but im starting to get a bit worried...
None of the recommendations above worked out? You might want to contact the hotels/riads you're staying at to see if they have suggestions. Have you looked on Tripadvisor?
No dice and that's what I did about a month ago (tripadvisor)
A lot of places either don't reply or take on solo travellers sadly.
I'm not giving up hope though!

As for the riad, the price they quoted me was €80 but everyone else is charging about €150. Now I love a "deal" as much as the next person but it's such a big price gap that I'm thinking that they'll like make up for it by taking us shopping...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
While I'm still looking, I was able to get replies regarding solo trips and have been quoted around €500 which is waay more than I was looking at spending! Youch!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Marrakesh & Morocco Desert Safari

I've been looking at morocco solo too - G Adventures offers a few itineraries all year round - small groups and you can share or add solo supp. Friendly planet and Smartours are others but bigger group, probably older
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AA, onePass
We used Around Morocco Tours in 2010 for a 10 day private tour of Morocco with Lachen. This included going to Merzouga/ Erg Chebbi.

I know Lachen also offers a Marrakech to Merzouga/Erg Chebbi to Marrakech but you would have to email him for pricing.

It is a 4 day tour over the High Atlas with a stop in the Dadas Valley and then onto Merzouga. It's also offered To and From Fes.

I can highly recommend Lachen and AMT to give you an intensive overview of Morocco, it's culture and it's people.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
I've been looking at morocco solo too - G Adventures offers a few itineraries all year round - small groups and you can share or add solo supp. Friendly planet and Smartours are others but bigger group, probably older
I actually was considering Gap Adventures, but their tours run for too long and I'd rather use a local tour company.
Usually ends up costing a lot less and more of they money stays with the locals vs. going to some foreign company. Even though Gap is Canadian.
Originally Posted by nalismom
We used Around Morocco Tours in 2010 for a 10 day private tour of Morocco with Lachen. This included going to Merzouga/ Erg Chebbi.

I know Lachen also offers a Marrakech to Merzouga/Erg Chebbi to Marrakech but you would have to email him for pricing.

It is a 4 day tour over the High Atlas with a stop in the Dadas Valley and then onto Merzouga. It's also offered To and From Fes.

I can highly recommend Lachen and AMT to give you an intensive overview of Morocco, it's culture and it's people.
Thanks! I'll look it up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.