Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Visa on Arrival - Kenya

Visa on Arrival - Kenya

Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Visa on Arrival - Kenya

Hi all,

Has anyone gotten a VOA at the Nairobi airport before? I usually like to get all of my visas beforehand, but will not have time with this trip. Is it an easy process? I land at 7pm, so I'm hoping there will still be officers available to give me one?

Oh yes, and I am a US Citizen, since I feel like that is necessary info!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Visa on Arrival is dead easy. Complete this form (http://kenyahighcom.org.uk/wp-conten...-for-Visas.pdf) before hand, and also the landing card they will give you on the plane. When you land, go to a VOA immigration desk, pay your US$50, and visa is issued. Usually luggage takes 30-40 minutes to come through, so you should be at the carousel by the time it starts to roll.

Visa officers are available whenever a flight lands.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you road warrior- you have been very, very helpful!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:40 pm

Yep - visa on arrival is dead easy. I did the same by printing out the form online beforehand. For some reason they still tried to get me to fill in the form again at the airport - until they realised it was practically the same thing...

(UK Citizen, the form download from the Kenyan Embassy UK is just formatted a bit differently than the one you actually see on arrival!)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: United Plat and falling
As noted, VOA is straight forward at NBO. I don't even usually pre-print the application form, but get it on the plane instead. Have USD 50 on hand for the fee. Also, the visa you get is "single entry," but you can use it to re-enter Kenya for 3 months, if you stay within East Africa.

Have a good trip.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Good to know I'll be all set for VOA.

Not worried about single entry- I'll only be in the country Tuesday- Saturday!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA | EK | SPG
Visa upon arrival is easy, you'll probably be filling out the forms with 99% of the other travelers on your flight! roadwarriorafrica said that bags take 30-40 mins, I found myself waiting for an hour and a half for mine... you can imagine I was sweating bullets! Just know that once you touch down everyone seems to be on "Kenya time", which is comparable to "Hawai'i time" or "Greek time".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.